Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Robbie Keane?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm not sure about this, he has no pace anymore, he can still finish but he won't put a shift in defending, because he's not able to. I don't see the point of signing him.

Good point re defending - no way he can harry the life out of defenders like Sam does - such an important part of how we play

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Good point re defending - no way he can harry the life out of defenders like Sam does - such an important part of how we play

And for that reason, I'm out. He will have nowhere near the stamina or speed that we require in a player alongside Murray or Hemed.

Next!

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
My biggest concern about bringing anyone is that it's some @@@@head, who disrupts the harmony within the dressing room. That's the key to us going up, we're already strong enough to get top 2 IMHO.

Whilst Robbie probably wouldn't be my first choice now (maybe a bit strange as I'm Irish and grown up watching him), he'll be great around the place and still has that fox in the box quality about him.

So, it's a YES from me

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Surely any one with the experience and a reputation like Robbie Keane can just sit on the bench in China and earn a few million pounds.
Very few experienced players would want to play in the Championship for their last gig.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Robbie Keane confirms he has had offers from Championship - but not Leeds United

Robbie Keane has confirmed he is considering offers from the Championship and expects a decision to be made in the "next couple of weeks".

Preston North End are the bookies favourites to land the Irish goalscoring record holder while Keane's former clubs Leeds United and Wolves have also been mentioned as potential destinations.
Speaking on TalkSport today, Keane didn't rule out a move to Preston but admitted there have been no offers from Leeds or Wolves or the cash rich land of China.

"Keep this space, the next couple of weeks and we will see what happens," said Keane on TalkSport.
"I have had a couple of offers in England and abroad. I have had to knock back a couple because it was too far away.

"I have got a few offers on the table. I have had a lot of people asking are you coming back to Leeds, Wolves etc. But you can’t go somewhere where there is not an offer.
"I definitely haven’t heard from Leeds or Wolves. There area a few other Championship clubs who I don’t want to mention at the moment."

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Robbie Keane confirms he has had offers from Championship - but not Leeds United

Robbie Keane has confirmed he is considering offers from the Championship and expects a decision to be made in the "next couple of weeks".

He'd better make his decision within the next 10 days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here