Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Robbie Keane?

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I thought the op was going to suggest him as the new assistant manager rather than a player.
Money can be better used with a younger player

Yeah, what makes anyone think that a bloke in his late thirties could contribute anything that could be the difference between a draw and a win?

4504576.jpg

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Really? Wayne Bridge, Matthew Upson and Vicente kind of tell me that that argument doesn't really wash anymore.

Exactly. Keane is on zero wages at the moment. He must be minted by now. If what he really wants is one last huzzah playing football before his playing days come to an end, then presumably money won't be his main consideration.

Whether he's right for us now, I've no idea. Has anyone asked CH yet?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Well this would be ideal. I think we'd be better off keeping the big money striker for the summer when the market is better, someone will snap up an absolute gem in Robbie Keane. At this level, he would be scoring goals for the fun of it and with Murray to play off, Knockaert and Skalak on the wings... My word. He is the missing piece without spending a massive fee.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Problem when compared to some others is he'd be a free signing not a loan so we would pay all his wages. They are likely far higher than we would although a signing bonus could ease that if close.

It's the best BG type thread ever and most realistic (not utter gash player or crazy out of the realms of possibility) but I don't fancy our chances.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Problem when compared to some others is he'd be a free signing not a loan so we would pay all his wages. They are likely far higher than we would although a signing bonus could ease that if close.

It's the best BG type thread ever and most realistic (not utter gash player or crazy out of the realms of possibility) but I don't fancy our chances.

His wages are currently zero pounds and zero pence.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yeah, what makes anyone think that a bloke in his late thirties could contribute anything that could be the difference between a draw and a win?
Or not contribute at all for the critical last 3 months of the season.

Now running for cover.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This does tick a lot of boxes for both parties. He'd get game-time but have a worthy understudy in Baldock. He'd potentially have a promotion on his CV and no doubt be rewarded with a sizeable bonus if he plays in X amount of matches and we go up.

We'd get a quality striker with no transfer fee with bags of experience and character. Shane Duffy - do your thing!

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
As a free agent, would he potentially be available before January, or does the window still apply?
I thought you had to be a free agent before the window closes. Hence the reason Dean Cox can't play for Crawley.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I thought you had to be a free agent before the window closes. Hence the reason Dean Cox can't play for Crawley.

Cheers! I didn't know - that's why I asked.......but now I've got two conflicting answers, so I still don't know!

Best of three, anyone? :smile:

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Actually the more i think about this the more i want to bash one out.

Can you still say things like that on NSC?

Yes. No problem. As long as you don't say w@nk.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here