Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Road rage video. Which side are you on - Team Bike or Team car?

Team Bike or Team Car?

• Team Bike

Votes: 85 41.9%
  • Team Car

Votes: 118 58.1%

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sorry, I don't want to get into an argument, because I agree with you in principle, but you supported a previous post mentioning smashing in the bodywork on the bloke's Audi.

Like I say, both were in the wrong. The driver started it, the cyclist wouldn't let it rest, the motorist escalated it, and the cyclist went on his way without retaliating (which is commendable). It's just people all seem to have this hard-and-fast rule that one person must be completely in the wrong.

It's sad when people can't sit back and look at things with an open mind. It'll be the death of all of us I tell you -_-

I know this post isn't aimed at me but I did look at the incident with an open mind and concluded that the Audi needed at least two panels put through.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I cannot believe the vote. The man in the car infringed the bike lane with his c*ck extension, the bloke rightly got pissed off probably because this was the 10th time it happened that day and he almost died several times with ars*hole drivers, he had a word and got physically attacked. But people vote team, Car. Only on NSC :ffsparr:

Cannot believe it or cannot accept it?

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
The bloke clearly drove into the bike lane. As I said he got pissed off as it probably happens all the time and he lost it. Either we have road rules or not. I just cannot see how anyone could think the car driver and his mate where at all justified with the physical assault.

Yeah we have road rules. Do cyclists stick by them 100%?
Your up your own lycra ASS if you think so!

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Car driver is a complete and utter **** and was in the wrong in the first place thinks he owns the ****ing road sad little prick

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Car driver is a complete and utter **** and was in the wrong in the first place thinks he owns the ****ing road sad little prick

Recently I was travelling East along the coast in Worthing. There is a bus terminal near Worthing pier. I approached the 'one way' street next to the bus station. A bus was parked on the main thoroughfare legally against the curb. I continued to head to pass it within the normal parameters of the rights of way and the road layout. Out of nowhere a cyclist in lycra came out the one way street which runs 'South to North' (ie exiting illegally) and onto the main road, swerving between myself and the parked bus! I managed to react but I had limited movement because of oncoming traffic. Of course I bridled.... I was mad, I could have hit him with a one tonne beast and then have been made to look a ***** in the local media. Car hits Bike, Driver automatically bad driver! Never mind the truth. Cyclists JUST DON'T think of this do they?......

care to comment?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Audi drivers are pillocks.
Cyclists are a danger to themselves.

Neither are billy-big-bollocks however much they would want to be.

image.jpg

What were you saying about Audi drivers? ???

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Yeah we have road rules. Do cyclists stick by them 100%?
Your up your own lycra ASS if you think so!

I don't do Lycra as it gives me a rash.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
God I can't cope with all the 'conclusions' on here.

First and foremost, the driver doesn't hit anyone, it's the rear passenger.

Just because the cycle zone is there it doesn't have to be used.

The selfish cyclist obviously felt intimidated by the car.
As he should, the car can easily kill him.
With that in mind why go out of your way to antagonize the car drivers of London.

Mr Selfish Cyclist arrives at the junction on 11 seconds.
The lights change on 28 seconds, (sure he wasn't to know that, but I believe a quick change is not uncommon for lights in London).
So that's 17 seconds Mr S Cyclist had to wait.

He was not overcrowded on his bike.
He had plenty of room 2 abreast, to stop and wait.

Should a further 5-10 other cyclists arrived they too would have had room in the zone to cycle away safely.
[MENTION=566]Bad Ash[/MENTION] makes a very good analogy involving filter lanes, and etiquette.

A foul mouthed tirade doesn't justify a punch in the face.
But a punch in the face is a more likely conclusion to a foul mouthed tirade.

Last edited:

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
Recently I was travelling East along the coast in Worthing. There is a bus terminal near Worthing pier. I approached the 'one way' street next to the bus station. A bus was parked on the main thoroughfare legally against the curb. I continued to head to pass it within the normal parameters of the rights of way and the road layout. Out of nowhere a cyclist in lycra came out the one way street which runs 'South to North' (ie exiting illegally) and onto the main road, swerving between myself and the parked bus! I managed to react but I had limited movement because of oncoming traffic. Of course I bridled.... I was mad, I could have hit him with a one tonne beast and then have been made to look a ***** in the local media. Car hits Bike, Driver automatically bad driver! Never mind the truth. Cyclists JUST DON'T think of this do they?......

care to comment?

If it was his fault the cyclist then he in that instance is the ****ing idiot !!

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
1 question Baz.
Why did the cyclist pull in font of the car?

Both think they own the road.

In the first instance that box was clearly for cyclists only right or wrong ?
So that's what started the problem the car should not have been in the cyclists area, it had no right legally to be there !
Can't see how it's the cyclists fault don't get me wrong I've seen some cyclists do some insane things but I have to be honest I've seen far more car drivers do mental things

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
1 question Baz.

It's bad enough with bikers sitting in cycle boxes at traffic lights. The amount of times I've arrived in a cycle box (or whatever the terminology is) at a traffic light to find a car or bike stopped in it. They are designed to reduce conflict between cyclists and motorised traffic, not for motorised traffic to use them to claim pole position, or to encroach on them at all, unless they have been caught out by a light turning orange and have decided not to cross.

What I find amazing is that more than half of the people on the poll voted in favour of the idiot who physically assaulted someone over the idiot who shouted verbal abuse.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
In the first instance that box was clearly for cyclists only right or wrong ?
So that's what started the problem the car should not have been in the cyclists area, it had no right legally to be there !
Can't see how it's the cyclists fault don't get me wrong I've seen some cyclists do some insane things but I have to be honest I've seen far more car drivers do mental things

Sorry I meant before the cyclist turn up, the Audi bumper was over the cycle area, but the car was not in it, I'm not sure why the cycle had to be in front of the car and not with the other cycles.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's bad enough with bikers sitting in cycle boxes at traffic lights. The amount of times I've arrived in a cycle box (or whatever the terminology is) at a traffic light to find a car or bike stopped in it. They are designed to reduce conflict between cyclists and motorised traffic, not for motorised traffic to use them to claim pole position, or to encroach on them at all, unless they have been caught out by a light turning orange and have decided not to cross.

What I find amazing is that more than half of the people on the poll voted in favour of the idiot who physically assaulted someone over the idiot who shouted verbal abuse.

You talk sense.

The vote and majority of comments backing the Audi driver was very predictable. Far more people drive, and many think of other road users as the enemy .... especially the growing band of bike riders. The funny thing is that there is no bond between car/taxi/bus drivers on the road - just continuing road rage, illegal driving behaviour, frustration and aggression.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
1 question Baz.

That is a good point. It's more a case of etiquette rather than the rules.

It shoud be a natural instinct for any road user to stick left unless they are turning right. It's a bit like morotway drivers who pull straight into the middle lane when they're not overtaking, the law says they're allowed to do it but it's not right. Cutting straght into the middle like that was the beginning of a dick-waving contest!

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
In the first instance that box was clearly for cyclists only right or wrong ? YEP RIGHT
So that's what started the problem the car should not have been in the cyclists area, it had no right legally to be there ! TRUE, think red lights, pedestrian walkways and the convenience to dismount and re-mount across boundaries whenever they choose.
Keep trying, we have seen cyclists do as much. Two wrongs don't make a right.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Ok question to you, why was THAT cyclist in that position in the box?
I accept the car driver makes an incorrect decision after that cyclist turns up, the other cyclists at the start if the video are happy to keep left, I'm missing the point here.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Ok question to you, why was THAT cyclist in that position in the box?
I accept the car driver makes an incorrect decision after that cyclist turns up, the other cyclists at the start if the video are happy to keep left, I'm missing the point here.

No you are not missing the point you are nailing it. The self righteous dick on the push bike thinks he is empowered and so it ends in tragedy and as yet, no formal complaint to the police. Says it all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here