Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Road rage video. Which side are you on - Team Bike or Team car?

Team Bike or Team Car?

• Team Bike

Votes: 85 41.9%
  • Team Car

Votes: 118 58.1%

• Total voters

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The cyclist was arguing with the driver when the lights went green. You can here someone toot their horn because he was delaying the traffic behind from moving.

The horn is from the traffic coming n the other direction (you can tell by the way the sound passes rather than just stays consistent as a horn from behind would), probably because the car, in attempting to edge around the three bikes had also crossed into the lane for oncoming traffic. They all set off within two seconds of the light going green, if the horn is coming from behind it is because of unreasonable impatience, not because of delays.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Both *ocks. Car driver looked an arrogant **** and should have stayed out the bike area BUTt bike boy was right up himself pointing out the rules, then chased the car, was aggressive rude and got what he deserved.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
The horn is from the traffic coming n the other direction (you can tell by the way the sound passes rather than just stays consistent as a horn from behind would), probably because the car, in attempting to edge around the three bikes had also crossed into the lane for oncoming traffic. They all set off within two seconds of the light going green, if the horn is coming from behind it is because of unreasonable impatience, not because of delays.

Rubbish, the lights went green and the car behind tooted because the cyclist wasn't paying attention and was holding up traffic.

cyclist.jpg

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Some drivers just don't understand that they driving a killing machine. Metal vs Human Flesh there is only one winner. Just before xmas someone pulled right out in front of me. It was too late for me to react and I ended up mounting the kerb. Could have seriously injured me. That driver want be making that same mistake again. It honestly put me off going back on the road for a few weeks. Drivers just don't think of this do they.

Recently I was travelling East along the coast in Worthing. There is a bus terminal near Worthing pier. I approached the 'one way' street next to the bus station. A bus was parked on the main thoroughfare legally against the curb. I continued to head to pass it within the normal parameters of the rights of way and the road layout. Out of nowhere a cyclist in lycra came out the one way street which runs 'South to North' (ie exiting illegally) and onto the main road, swerving between myself and the parked bus! I managed to react but I had limited movement because of oncoming traffic. Of course I bridled.... I was mad, I could have hit him with a one tonne beast and then have been made to look a ***** in the local media. Car hits Bike, Driver automatically bad driver! Never mind the truth. Cyclists JUST DON'T think of this do they?......:whistle:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Recently I was travelling East along the coast in Worthing. There is a bus terminal near Worthing pier. I approached the 'one way' street next to the bus station. A bus was parked on the main thoroughfare legally against the curb. I continued to head to pass it within the normal parameters of the rights of way and the road layout. Out of nowhere a cyclist in lycra came out the one way street which runs 'South to North' (ie exiting illegally) and onto the main road, swerving between myself and the parked bus! I managed to react but I had limited movement because of oncoming traffic. Of course I bridled.... I was mad, I could have hit him with a one tonne beast and then have been made to look a ***** in the local media. Car hits Bike, Driver automatically bad driver! Never mind the truth. Cyclists JUST DON'T think of this do they?......:whistle:

Personally I think the proportion of cyclists who are twats is equal to the proportion of car drivers who are twats. Too many twats on the road regardless of mode of transport!!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Rubbish, the lights went green and the car behind tooted because the cyclist wasn't paying attention and was holding up traffic.

View attachment 50607

Yes, but what that photo doesn't show, what with it being a still photo, is that the car is in the process of pulling away. No police officer would take action for delaying traffic because it was a matter of asecond or two between the light going green and the car moving. A still photo won't show this.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Look at the video again.

The driver is responding (badly) to the incredibly selfish behaviour of the cyclist.

The cyclist could and should have remained 2 abreast second in line.
He didn't, he positioned himself in front of the DRIVER, not the car the DRIVER, for no justifiable reason.

What carried on from that point is just 2 penis' being penis'.

I say again, everybody at that junction was happy and properly positioned until selfish cyclist arrived.

Oh and the violence isn't the driver it's his rear passenger.

Agree with all of this.

I think the cyclist was asking for trouble and got it .

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013
Team car - all the way every time.
I think the cabbie has got it wrong - 98% of cyclists give 2% a bad name.

This is true, if the 98% were to remove that effing great chip off of their shoulders, read the Highway Code, stop dazzling of road users with those stupid flashing light and even stupider clothes (no wonder they all wear sunglasses) then maybe team car may gain a little respect for the numpties.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Kinda supports my view of being non-confrontational as you just don't know who you're mixing with. I much prefer the more subtle approach, usually a huge shrug of the shoulders while looking straight at the driver to signify he has been "daft / dumb".

Always remember the M20/25 road-rage murder a few years back, bloke got out of his car to discuss the other drivers action and was permanently silenced by a bullet. Many of you think you're hard enough to deal with a tear-up, no doubt that bloke was too, but he was wrong and paid with his life.

When I used to ride motor bikes on the road [over 20 years ago] my mum used to say two things:
1/ Better to arrive late is this world than early in the next.
2/ Not much point putting on your headstone "I was in the right"

Wise words :bowdown:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Yes, but what that photo doesn't show, what with it being a still photo, is that the car is in the process of pulling away. No police officer would take action for delaying traffic because it was a matter of asecond or two between the light going green and the car moving. A still photo won't show this.

You clearly miss the point, I didn't say holding up the traffic was illegal, but the cyclist wasn't bothered about holding up all the traffic behind, hence why one of the cars behind tooted.

The motorcyclist coming towards us, just right of centre on the opposite side of the road, had travelled 20m on getting the same green light.

What do you want the driver to do, wait there until the cyclist finished his petty moan up?

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
This is true, if the 98% were to remove that effing great chip off of their shoulders, read the Highway Code, stop dazzling of road users with those stupid flashing light and even stupider clothes (no wonder they all wear sunglasses) then maybe team car may gain a little respect for the numpties.

So you can complain about cyclists riding without lights and wearing dark clothes, you mean? Crossing the ASL when the light is red is against the Highway Code, as all drivers are required to know. It's the same as jumping a red light.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Team car the cyclist was scottish and shouldn't have been on our roads in the first place.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
No police officer would take action for delaying traffic because it was a matter of asecond

Nor would a police officer take action against a car driver encroaching a cycle box.

As stated many times, everybody at that junction was happy and properly positioned until the selfish cyclist arrived.

The cyclist was acting like a prick looking for a confrontation and when he got it didn't have the bollocks.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Car but barely, the cyclist went out of his way to block off the car and once the car driver had encroached on the cycle lane (Wrong), he got all macho and got the confrontation he wanted.

Neither come out of it with any credit though, but if you chased me down and screamed like that at my window, don't be surprised if I get out of the car, you cannot have it both ways...

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
As a cyclist, I get a bit f*cked off with other cyclists who pull up 3 or 4 abreast at lights like this. As we all pull off they'll try to cut in - effectively cutting up other cyclists. To me these boxes are for certain situations such as a right turn, or if there is a parked car or obstruction up ahead. Not just for pulling up like this twonk does.

It was the rear passenger who actually punched the cyclists, presumably for giving his mate the driver a load of verbals. Nobody comes out of this in any glory, and both are in the wrong, but had I been waiting 2 abreast queuing like most of the cyclist were, I'd be f*cked off with this guy causing this traffic issue in the first place.

Good post.
I'm not actually sure why the cyclist was in front of the car to start with as he wasn't turning right, if he acted like the sensible cyclists in the video, nothing would have happened.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I cannot believe the vote. The man in the car infringed the bike lane with his c*ck extension, the bloke rightly got pissed off probably because this was the 10th time it happened that day and he almost died several times with ars*hole drivers, he had a word and got physically attacked. But people vote team, Car. Only on NSC :ffsparr:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here