Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Road rage video. Which side are you on - Team Bike or Team car?

Team Bike or Team Car?

• Team Bike

Votes: 85 41.9%
  • Team Car

Votes: 118 58.1%

• Total voters

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
The bike obviously. The car didnt know how to drive properly, and was dangerous driving. The cyclist over-reacted a little, I would have just sat in front of the ****.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It just proves that it takes two pricks to get an incident of road rage. If the driver (or passenger) gets nicked and the cyclist gets lamped then the outcome is probably about right.

D

Deleted member 22389

The bike obviously. The car didnt know how to drive properly, and was dangerous driving. The cyclist over-reacted a little, I would have just sat in front of the ****.

Some drivers just don't understand that they driving a killing machine. Metal vs Human Flesh there is only one winner. Just before xmas someone pulled right out in front of me. It was too late for me to react and I ended up mounting the kerb. Could have seriously injured me. That driver want be making that same mistake again. It honestly put me off going back on the road for a few weeks. Drivers just don't think of this do they.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
This is the reason I will voted car. I am sick as a pedestrian watching cyclists use the pavement when it suits or do u turns a junctions/traffic lights, ignore red lights and try to run me over when I am half way across a zebra crossing. You never see these little Hitlers filming other cyclists or telling them the errors of their ways. CCTV picks up car driving abuse. I don't agree with the self righteous attitude of those who ignore their own.

How is that video proof of your complaints against cyclists? In that video the cyclists stop at red lights (while a car drives through one), they all cycle on the road. The first video in this thread is a cyclist capturing the incident involving a cyclist hurling abuse at a car.

I'm not saying your complaints are ill-founded (though I think people ignore a lot of law breaking by drivers when this debate comes up) just that none of the videos in this thread (so far) are evidence to support your position (again, not saying your position is wrong, seen it all myself).

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Score draw for me. Motorist was an arse for driving in to the "Cycle " section and then roaring off, cyclist was an arse for steaming up to him and sticking his head in the window to mouth off.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Score draw for me. Motorist was an arse for driving in to the "Cycle " section and then roaring off, cyclist was an arse for steaming up to him and sticking his head in the window to mouth off.

...you forgot the bit when someone punched someone.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Look at the video again.

The driver is responding (badly) to the incredibly selfish behaviour of the cyclist.

The cyclist could and should have remained 2 abreast second in line.
He didn't, he positioned himself in front of the DRIVER, not the car the DRIVER, for no justifiable reason.

What carried on from that point is just 2 penis' being penis'.

I say again, everybody at that junction was happy and properly positioned until selfish cyclist arrived.

Oh and the violence isn't the driver it's his rear passenger.

It's those Nobs at the Highways agency isn't it. Fancy using all that paint putting a massive box all the way across the lane. I shall write a letter to them immediately stating that Stat says they have made a big mistake! ( Cyclists are only allowed to queue at the side of the road, and not use the box as intended: which is to enable the cyclist to be more visible to cars and trucks.)
It would appear even cyclists appear to be defending the Car driver.
I have driven at least 12,000 miles a year, usually more, for the past 50 years. I've cycled for getting on for 60 years. Nowadays I avoid riding on roads and stick to tracks as roads are so dangerous for cycling.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Some drivers just don't understand that they driving a killing machine. Metal vs Human Flesh there is only one winner. Just before xmas someone pulled right out in front of me. It was too late for me to react and I ended up mounting the kerb. Could have seriously injured me. That driver want be making that same mistake again. It honestly put me off going back on the road for a few weeks. Drivers just don't think of this do they.

I know a cyclist who was hit by a car. Mind you he was cycling downhill, the wrong way down a one way street without lights and bounced across the bonnet of a car coming up the hill in the correct direction turning right. The car sustained damage, the cyclist a bruise or two but nothing major. The car owner had to claim on his insurance, the cyclist laughed it off.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
...you forgot the bit when someone punched someone.

The moment you stick your head in someones window and gob off like that, you have to expect that response. So no sympathy there.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Kinda supports my view of being non-confrontational as you just don't know who you're mixing with. I much prefer the more subtle approach, usually a huge shrug of the shoulders while looking straight at the driver to signify he has been "daft / dumb".

Always remember the M20/25 road-rage murder a few years back, bloke got out of his car to discuss the other drivers action and was permanently silenced by a bullet. Many of you think you're hard enough to deal with a tear-up, no doubt that bloke was too, but he was wrong and paid with his life.

When I used to ride motor bikes on the road [over 20 years ago] my mum used to say two things:
1/ Better to arrive late is this world than early in the next.
2/ Not much point putting on your headstone "I was in the right"

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As I was typing away in the most recent "festival for gays, why isnt there a festival for straights" thread I was thinking it has been a good few weeks since we had one of these threads. I cannot be bothered to read it so can someone tell me how many posts in it took for someone to mention that cyclists do not pay road tax? and how many further posts it took before someone pointed out that we all pay for the roads as it comes from central government. I'll add my bit "No one give a **** about cycling on the pavements/red lights etc etc in Germany" Are we done now as I'd like to move onto the racism thread?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
As I was typing away in the most recent "festival for gays, why isnt there a festival for straights" thread I was thinking it has been a good few weeks since we had one of these threads. I cannot be bothered to read it so can someone tell me how many posts in it took for someone to mention that cyclists do not pay road tax? and how many further posts it took before someone pointed out that we all pay for the roads as it comes from central government. I'll add my bit "No one give a **** about cycling on the pavements/red lights etc etc in Germany" Are we done now as I'd like to move onto the racism thread?

Overpriced, over hyped Craft Beer comes first surely ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Overpriced, over hyped Craft Beer comes first surely ?

On this theme I have been eyeing up some salted caramel popcorn imperial ale aged in bourbon and rum barrels though.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
As a cyclist, I get a bit f*cked off with other cyclists who pull up 3 or 4 abreast at lights like this. As we all pull off they'll try to cut in - effectively cutting up other cyclists. To me these boxes are for certain situations such as a right turn, or if there is a parked car or obstruction up ahead. Not just for pulling up like this twonk does.

It was the rear passenger who actually punched the cyclists, presumably for giving his mate the driver a load of verbals. Nobody comes out of this in any glory, and both are in the wrong, but had I been waiting 2 abreast queuing like most of the cyclist were, I'd be f*cked off with this guy causing this traffic issue in the first place.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
I had an incident where I was cut up on a bike and I called them up on it. After a heated arguement it came to blows and I hit them really hard in the face. I felt a bit bad as she must've been in her 80s...

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
The cyclist was holding up traffic and didn't even notice the lights turned green?

The light was red when the cyclists stopped, it was red when the car pulled into the cycle box, it was red when the cyclist backed up to the car. The light changes as the cyclist is trying to point out to the driver he is in the cycle box, that car pulls away when the light goes green, the cyclists follow. There was no holding up of the traffic.

The cyclist was arguing with the driver when the lights went green. You can here someone toot their horn because he was delaying the traffic behind from moving.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here