RIP Seve

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
He was not only one of the world's finest golfers but, unlike some, a great entertainer. He was also a wonderful ambassador for the game of golf, for the Ryder Cup in particular, and for Spain. RIP Seve and thank you.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Nothing on the news channels. Best to check first I think before posting.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
All the news channels on google news report that his condition is deteriorating but he's still with us

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Jumped the gun.
Still alive but nearing the end.

He brought European golf to the same/better at times than the Americans, after years of inferiority. With charisma and passion.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
I had the pleasure of meeting Seve when the European Open was held at East Sussex National, i was stewarding on the first 2 holes so had a natter on the first tee and followed his game round the course once all had teed off.
I had to show him where his tee shot entered the water following a hooked drive, found him to be a true gent despite a big dip in form.....unlike Colin Montgomerie the pompous ?@#t.
One of the most charismatic sportsmen to have graced these shores. Sad.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Enormously sad news. Probably the biggest reason that the Ryder Cup is what it is now. The most naturally talented and successful golfer to have ever come out of Europe.

I also had the pleasure of meeting him at a Pro-Am at Mannings Heath in the early 80's. He spent the round laughing and joking with the crowd who were wandering down the fairway with him, playing trick shots (I wish I could hit a 250 yard drive kneeling down) and generally having a great time. He was there to entertain and he did just that. No airs and graces, just a hugely talented guy.

RIP Seve. You will be missed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports