Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] RIP Ceefax October 2012

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
I seem to remember using page 306 a lot, perhaps this was the page of the Albion scores in the league they were in at the time?

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
There was something special about the anticipation to wait for your page to show up and see if in those mins if your team had scored, there were often like 3/4 pages of scores. The FA cup was particularly exciting on teletext.

Me and my mate spent our weekends in early 90's watching teletext, it's hard explain the excitement of it all. It was a more patient time, we had a bigger attention span then. My kids wouldn't last two minutes looking at teletext now lol.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
For those who are missing the "Horse Drawn Internet" then read this

and if you miss the link
Just remember to use the remote control

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The general football info page, ie not the main stories, was 312, 301 was in the index, 302 was always the lead story.
Page 302 Football headlines
Page 316 Scores.
Page 324 League tables.

Defo.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
The annoying thing was the fact that you could miss a page and then have to wait ages for it to come round again. But at least it was better for your mental health than Twitter is today

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
390 to see which exotic stranger Baz had signed that week.

312 was always my favourite. Especially when there were 7 pages of it.

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
The annoying thing was the fact that you could miss a page and then have to wait ages for it to come round again. But at least it was better for your mental health than Twitter is today
Or putting a cassette in the spectrum 48k/128k and after 10 minutes it has failed to load that was patience.

Jul 7, 2003
On the ITV Oracle service, there were some great bargains to be had on holidays. However, unless you had a TV with the upgraded memory for text, if you didn’t hit the hold button quickly enough, you could have to wait for it to cycle round another 50+ pages before you could see it again.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
I did like the Bamboozle quiz on Channel 4 teletext

DnuOjJoU4AACj4P.jpg

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
On the ITV Oracle service, there were some great bargains to be had on holidays. However, unless you had a TV with the upgraded memory for text, if you didn’t hit the hold button quickly enough, you could have to wait for it to cycle round another 50+ pages before you could see it again.
Now there's something only the older NSC users will remember.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
One particular day we held my birthday party at the in-laws on a Saturday. My F-i-L sat and watched the cricket on Ceefax most of the afternoon in a silent protest.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
I remember watching it with my dad, the afternoon Sussex CCC won the championship. It seemed that every time it refreshed Mushy had got another wicket!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here