Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP Anthony Knockaert's Dad

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Christ that's horrible. To lose a brother and a father so young. I think a banner would be great for one match to show him we care.

As a side note, I hope in his next interview the guy on BBC Sussex (the post-match interview guy) doesn't push the poor man to the brink of tears like he did after the Forest game. Asked about 5 questions too many about his brother which I thought was very poor form.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
This made me cry! He has already lost his brother too.

Deepest condolences to AK and his family.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Poor chap, I lost my Dad when he was 52, I was only 27 and, whilst there can never be a right time, it felt like he'd been robbed of seeing so much acheivement, realised ambition and events to celebrate; we were just developing the next phase of our relationship and had so much to share. Whatever age is very sad I know, but this felt like such a wrong time for me.

RIP Fella and the very best wishes to Anthony and his family, my sincere condolences.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Sorry, just my feeling, but we need to seperate football club and personal life, I really don't think we need a minute's apllause, French flags or anything else, this is a private matter. Think the family will decide how they'd like him to be remembered and by whom.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Sorry, just my feeling, but we need to seperate football club and personal life, I really don't think we need a minute's applause, French flags or anything else, this is a private matter. Think the family will decide how they'd like him to be remembered and by whom.
Agreed.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Sorry, just my feeling, but we need to seperate football club and personal life, I really don't think we need a minute's apllause, French flags or anything else, this is a private matter. Think the family will decide how they'd like him to be remembered and by whom.

I agree on the whole with you, but think a few French flags in the crowd would be a nice touch.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
I think any sort of tribute would be best left to the club to sort out. They know AK better and would be better able to judge if he'd appreciate it or prefer to grieve in peace.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
RIP
At times like this it's when we have to remember football is just a game. Let the man grieve in his own time, and let him return to the pitch when he's ready. Tributes should be down to the family who know and love him. I'm sure AK will perform his own tribute on the pitch

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
RIP
At times like this it's when we have to remember football is just a game. Let the man grieve in his own time, and let him return to the pitch when he's ready. Tributes should be down to the family who know and love him. I'm sure AK will perform his own tribute on the pitch

I agree. 90 minutes of "We've got Knockheart.." should do the job

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

I agree on the whole with you, but think a few French flags in the crowd would be a nice touch.

I know he's technically french but does he consider himself technically French as he has a Flemish name and is from close to the Belgian border (genuine question, I don't know). Have met people in that part of France who only have french as a second language. They don't even use "K" in France.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I know he's technically french but does he consider himself technically French as he has a Flemish name and is from close to the Belgian border (genuine question, I don't know). Have met people in that part of France who only have french as a second language. They don't even use "K" in France.

Quite a few of the condolence messages on Twitter are in French, which appear to come from friends.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here