Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rik Mayall, comedy genius, has died (contains binfestery)

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Quite a few of the "Comic Strip Presents" are on 4OD. Sadly not "Mr Jolly" but a fistful of "Travellers Cheques" is available.
A comic genius who raised a generation on his own unique style.

One film I will always watch when I need a laugh is his Guest House Paradisio. PHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP......Hello.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Very sad news to hear the death of a talented and eccentric comedian. Bottom was a big memory of growing up - the show was always on a Thursday night on BBC2 and it delivered some fantastic humour even if it was a bit crude at times.

RIP Rik. 56 is no age. :down:

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
Still spend drunken evenings (with Drnotthenineoclocknews) quoting lines from The Young Ones 30 years after it finished, so to say he had a massive impact on my life is an understatement.

The word legend is banded around too often, but Rik falls into that category.

RIP

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
When the Young Ones broke on BBC2 in the eighties there was just nothing like it which went before and little that has matched it since.

Rik's Rick character (with the silent P) out of the four students to me was the funniest of the lot.

The Young Ones was just such a massive part of my youth, I am totally gutted that Rik has died. The selfish b'stard!!!

Anyone here like The Human League?

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
10366041_696563317071785_3788686211098732075_n.png

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Hard off-hand to think of an unfunnier comedian than Rik Mayall. Oh, hang on, MIRANDA! To be fair to Rik tho, his Young Ones colleagues were equally unfunny.

matter of opinion isn't it really...each to there own and all that...more relevant is that someone has lost there life and left behind loved ones

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Shut up idiot. His comedy was as two dimensional as Kenny Everett's. And as laugh-free. Just because somebody dies, we don't all suddenly have to pretend they were a comedy genius. IMHO, like.

Not sure why you came on here to post this. If you didn't like his comedy, fair do's, but why take time out to post your irrelevant opinion on this forum after the bloke, who was really well liked by everyone on here, has just died.

You must lead a very, very sad life.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I saw him do stand up just after the new statesman came out.

Not sure he ever did it again. I've often told people it was the best stand up I ever saw.

Do you love me ? Do you want to see my pants ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here