Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Right, East Stand. Silence please.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
I will get vilified for this but those chants are s*** and embarrassing. It simply confirms what stand you are sitting in. How is that supposed to support the players? It tells them the fans are more interested in being louder than each other in some primary school tribal way or like on a childrens TV show where the team with the loudest cheer wins. SORT YOUR LIVES OUT. Also the "Brighton boys" bit is well....creepy. The chant is S***! Sing something about the players on the pitch.

It's the important things that matter eh?

PC-Gull

The Muffin Man
Apr 12, 2008
Brighton, Sussex, England
I think the chant is good fun, and I personally feel it isn't the louder group that wins it is the first group that stops loses. It is a chant I like to hear and the team we have probably take bets on the stand that quits first. I think it would be amazing if we turned it into a three-way chant with one stand going after the other.
Another theory is that it would help encourage the players because we are in a competition to show off how proud we are to be Brighton supporters. I for one don't stop watching the game while this chant is going on so I m not missing anything, and I don't understand why people do look at the other stand.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It's not a moan, it's an opinion. One to which we're all entitled too! The singing between stands is loud, and I get one of you wants to be the loudest, but how about all singing the same song together the noise would be immense. Away fans must think we all go there to sing at each other rather than watch the match? Or are we that arrogant that we can't be bothered to pay attention cos we're gonna beat evey team that visits. I'm sure the players would rather here a masiive noise of one song rather than petty singing between stands....how eactly does singing about where you sit give them any encouragment?

Am I allowed back after this rant or have I ben banished to the sh1t hole up the A23 too?

You should be officially banished up the A23 for talking sense, that is not permitted on here lets stop trying to outdo each stand and all sing the same song to encourage the team aren't we supposed to be SUPPORTERS.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
if thts all the singing then fine...but its not ..i think its great fun and lifts the atmosphere ...which yesterday seemed terrific

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here