Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We even brought coat with us, for the kids, in case it rained :facepalm:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That East Stand west stand chant is the pits and the sooner it is stopped the better it is nearly as big an embarrasement as that stupid Stand Up if you hate Place. Why give them a mention they are a nothing side in a nothing town so just ignore them.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Oh thank you so much for letting us have a go as well. Get over yourself!

Stay silent fcuk off and die i realy dont care, the atmosphere in the north is amasing ,if you like it silent in the east then you are a ****, i hope those around you feel the same.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
You need to the North Stand to coordinate all three sides singing really.

If the North lot face the East to get them to sing it, and then reply by turning to the West to get them to sing it.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
That East Stand west stand chant is the pits and the sooner it is stopped the better it is nearly as big an embarrasement as that stupid Stand Up if you hate Place. Why give them a mention they are a nothing side in a nothing town so just ignore them.

B G how long have you been supporting the Albion? it sounds like youre a jcl to me, simple chants get the kids involved which is good for the future

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am a JCL as I have only been supporting them since my grandad took me in 1946. I am all in favour of any songs/chants that have some sense to them but those I mentioned neither of which have any sense or meaning or offer any type of encouragement to the team.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
"premiership you're having a laugh" is one of the few that truly makes me cringe. Looking forward to that one already on Tuesday night.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
It was boiling in the East today, but great atmosphere and a really good game. Disappointing we let in the late equaliser but we can't win every game and a draw against Blackpool is very respectable!

Jul 15, 2011
Lewwwwwwes
Stay silent fcuk off and die i realy dont care, the atmosphere in the north is amasing ,if you like it silent in the east then you are a ****, i hope those around you feel the same.

You are such a knob. I was standing and singing along with people around me. At other times during the match I was concentrating on the match. I've done my time jumping around in the North Stand back in the Goldstone Ground days and have been a season ticket holder since 97. So who the fcuk are you to tell me what to do? Arse hole.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
I will get vilified for this but those chants are s*** and embarrassing. It simply confirms what stand you are sitting in. How is that supposed to support the players? It tells them the fans are more interested in being louder than each other in some primary school tribal way or like on a childrens TV show where the team with the loudest cheer wins. SORT YOUR LIVES OUT. Also the "Brighton boys" bit is well....creepy. The chant is S***! Sing something about the players on the pitch.

Did you really just post that on two separate threads?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I,m in the West Stand, but thought it was brilliant when the East Stand started singing too.

It's difficult to get the three sides singing all at the same time, so the "We,re the The North Stand etc"...followed by.."We,re the West Stand etc" ...followed by..... "We,re the East Stand etc" is absolutely perfect. A musical conductor would have been very proud.

Hats off to all East Standers.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
STH in the east block d.. theres hundreds of ex north standers and plenty happy to stand and sing.. however we are disperesed and spread out... add the family stand and we have the potential to be loud (not as loud as the west etc .. but loud).

I propose we join in as the LEFT side brighton boys.. with North stand right and all of the west as the right side.. how fooking loud would that be !!

Also we need some help.. North stand please invite us more often.. there will 100% be a response but we are too spread out to really make an impact...

anyone else in the east feel the same ?? the challenge is for every 10 seats 2 or 3 will stand and sing..its the older generation not willing.. having said that its a decent atmosphere in block d (beneath the 1901 bit anyway) im sure there must be a way of us all singing together ??

Agree with this. I'm in C block with a (very) elderly couple in front of me, a posh bloke who looks like he's never been to a football match before and his small son next to me, another guy with his kid behind me. None of them sing. But yesterday because all the pockets of singers around were giving it a go, it still worked. The Family Stand also has the potential to be very loud. I was getting a bit peeved yesterday that the North and West weren't giving us the chance to join in the Brighton Boys chant, until I think we just jumped in. If we had it as a three-way thing, it would be fantastic. The East Stand WILL sing, but we need some encoragement as the singers are all dispersed.

WallyBanana

Jan 5, 2007
Haywards Heath

Agree BensGrandad. Singing between stands get's boring after a while.......surely it'll sound much better and louder if we all sing the same song together rather than trying to out do each other to see who's the loudest? I found yesterday a lot of people were singing in the East, a lot more than usual. Lets put all our efforts into supporting the team rather seeing who can sing the loudest so someone can start a new thread titled "We're louder than you were....where were you"

and cue the abuse...........JCL, Plastic, blah, blah, blah......bring it on!

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
I will get vilified for this but those chants are s*** and embarrassing. It simply confirms what stand you are sitting in. How is that supposed to support the players? It tells them the fans are more interested in being louder than each other in some primary school tribal way or like on a childrens TV show where the team with the loudest cheer wins. SORT YOUR LIVES OUT. Also the "Brighton boys" bit is well....creepy. The chant is S***! Sing something about the players on the pitch.

Fack off and buy a palace season ticket

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Agree with this. I'm in C block with a (very) elderly couple in front of me, a posh bloke who looks like he's never been to a football match before and his small son next to me, another guy with his kid behind me. None of them sing. But yesterday because all the pockets of singers around were giving it a go, it still worked. The Family Stand also has the potential to be very loud. I was getting a bit peeved yesterday that the North and West weren't giving us the chance to join in the Brighton Boys chant, until I think we just jumped in. If we had it as a three-way thing, it would be fantastic. The East Stand WILL sing, but we need some encoragement as the singers are all dispersed.

i think the thing is the east would have to start it, because if the north do the west will jump in and we take the place so should go from east to north to west

WallyBanana

Jan 5, 2007
Haywards Heath
becazuse its moan after moan, should we just sit in silence and just hear there fans sing or even better make them not sing and hear the ball being kicked

It's not a moan, it's an opinion. One to which we're all entitled too! The singing between stands is loud, and I get one of you wants to be the loudest, but how about all singing the same song together the noise would be immense. Away fans must think we all go there to sing at each other rather than watch the match? Or are we that arrogant that we can't be bothered to pay attention cos we're gonna beat evey team that visits. I'm sure the players would rather here a masiive noise of one song rather than petty singing between stands....how eactly does singing about where you sit give them any encouragment?

Am I allowed back after this rant or have I ben banished to the sh1t hole up the A23 too?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here