Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Richards

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I thought that it had to be for a maximum of 3 months or fora season and as he had been with us for 3 months we could not sign him on loan anymore this season. I may well have misinterpreted tyhe rules on loans but I am sure that somebody will put me right.

No as he has signed until Jan..... which for starters is longer than 3 months from when he signed.

You can only have players for three months when done on short-term, month at a time deals, as we have done with Richards. O'Call can sign again to the end of the season in Jan i believe. However the only way Richards can stay is to sign permanently.... and he can't do that till Jan, so will go back to Ipswich for a couple of weeks at least.

Although... i could be wrong

Correction, according to official site, we can re-sign in Jan on loan till end of season

Last edited:

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
No as he has signed until Jan..... which for starters is longer than 3 months from when he signed.

You can only have players for three months when done on short-term, month at a time deals, as we have done with Richards. O'Call can sign again to the end of the season in Jan i believe. However the only way Richards can stay is to sign permanently.... and he can't do that till Jan, so will go back to Ipswich for a couple of weeks at least.

Correction, according to official site, we can re-sign in Jan on loan till end of season
he hasn't signed to january

he has signed till 22 december which is 3 months from the yeovil game when he made his debut

we can sign him on a loan to the end of the season according to the website but dont think we can have him on a short term loan again

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
It is a complete co-incidence. The guy is crap and I cannot believe he is first choice. I just hope that now Lynch is fit again he goes back to Ipswich pronto.
joel is no left back he's a centre half rents should play if richards when matty goes back

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I think our defence has looked better because of Elphick. Richards has got better though. He was appalling at Bournemouth and improved a lot since then.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It is a complete co-incidence. The guy is crap and I cannot believe he is first choice. I just hope that now Lynch is fit again he goes back to Ipswich pronto.

A coincidence? Two defeats in the thirteen games he has played for us would suggest otherwise and the majority of those have been without Lynch who was our best centre back last season. I would be very keen to see him sign on. He hadn't played since March before he joined us and has been improving steadily each game.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
A coincidence? Two defeats in the thirteen games he has played for us would suggest otherwise and the majority of those have been without Lynch who was our best centre back last season. I would be very keen to see him sign on. He hadn't played since March before he joined us and has been improving steadily each game.
sums it up nicely

still wish he could eliver a ball like sam rents though

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I'm not overly impressed by Richards. For a player who'se come from a higher club and was once pressing for U21 recognition, he looks dodgy, sometimes lacks concentration andmis hits a fair few.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

I think that we are talking at cross purposes, I was talking about Richards you appear to be talking about O'Callaghan

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
I wasn't the greatest admirer of Richards, when he first arrived here. But now he has won me over. I think the first few games were down to un-match fitness. He has improved substanstly since he has been here. I'm still alitte concerned about pacey wingers beating him far to easily through.

Jimmy Grimble

O'Callaghan is giving us the first option, i read it on bbc sport a couple of weeks ago.
Hopefully Richards does the same, i think he will, espcialy if we're up in the play offs.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think it would be a shame if they both didnt come here, especially as the way we are playing and picking up results means the very least we should expect this season is a play off position.

I think Richards has improved hand over fist since he has been here and watching the Ipswich Norwich game the other week, I take it there is no chance they will both get back in the Ipswich team.

I also would look to buy Martot also. Again, he looks better as he settles into this style of football.

I suppose this will all come down to money and the ambition of the club. If the ambition is to get to the Second Division, then we will need to keep players like OCallahan etc, however if money is that tight that we cannot afford them( or replace them with better players if they chgose not to stay), then that will certainly tell us where our ambition lies.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I
I suppose this will all come down to money and the ambition of the club. If the ambition is to get to the Second Division, then we will need to keep players like OCallahan etc, however if money is that tight that we cannot afford them( or replace them with better players if they chgose not to stay), then that will certainly tell us where our ambition lies.

AS an, was going to say old, but will say established contibutor to NSC you must know you are not permitted to doubt our ambitions.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
AS an, was going to say old, but will say established contibutor to NSC you must know you are not permitted to doubt our ambitions.

I dont doubt our ambitions per se.....our ambitions must be tempered by the financial position we are in. If it is as bad as we are led to believe and poor gates are exacerbating the situation, then one could argue that going up could be a double edged sword!!!

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I still think he isnt worth signing
- bottles tackles
- bottles headers
- always hoofs it to corner flag
- not better than Rents
- will cost loads
- thinks hes the NUTS
- doesnt want to be playing at his level

I though he was TOSS on Saturday, and the majority of games he plays

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports