Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Richard Keys resigns

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
How ironic would it be if keys job was taken by a woman , say gabby yorath?

Blimey, she is hopeless. I don't mind who it is as long as they're good at their job, and she just isn't, sorry. Sarah Jane Mee or Claire Tomlinson would be fine though.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
[yt]ZR5QBO3lwwM[/yt]

Yes please to more of this.

Lovely plunging neck line.

:love:

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
this is just f***ing stupid

like them or not...and I had got used to their ways....they have not done a lot wrong.

a few "unacceptable" comments - off air. Big deal.

Personally I found them amusing. Sure...not correct. but then this is football. What about the players that have roasted tarts, stuffed phones up their shitters, nicked toilet seats, thumped their wives, glassed people, crashed into trees....and Rio giving a lecture about it....well....Keyes has never missed a drug test as far as I can f***ing remember.

And anyone who has ever played grass roots football....have you never had conversations about slinging one up a piece the night before?

Go f*** yourselves.
???

An important point that you have completely missed is that Gray & Keys were paid an awful lot of money to pass on their expert views and opinions on football to the masses (about 6m viewers?). Given their 'expert' status and the platform to spread their views, they need to be absolutely whiter than white in what they say, otherwise it sends out completely the wrong signals to the masses.
Regardless that the incidents were off-air, every man & his dog now knows their views on women in football (and women in general it would seem), so it gives those views credibility if they are allowed to continue in their roles of football broadcasting experts.
Yes, sexist banter exists in a lot of places of work, or in the changing room or wherever and those involved are unlikely to lose their job over it. This does not make it (the banter) right, and it also does not follow through that because no action is taken in that scenario, Keys & Gray should also have been let off.

It's revealing to see how few (errrr.... NONE?) of their colleagues have spoken out in their defence, and the stories of their boorishness, bullying and overt chauvinism are neither surprising or finished yet I suspect.

As for your 'not correct, but then this is football' comment - how does that justify anything? Is connection with a sport some sort of defence against the laws of the land? Would you mind if I wandered up to you at Withdean, smashed a bottle in your face and then said "sorry mate, I know it's not right but then we are at a football match".

Please do explain how an incident being related to football somehow waters down the law in this pleasant land of ours...! ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here