Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Richard Keys resigns

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
this is just f***ing stupid

like them or not...and I had got used to their ways....they have not done a lot wrong.

a few "unacceptable" comments - off air. Big deal.

Personally I found them amusing. Sure...not correct. but then this is football. What about the players that have roasted tarts, stuffed phones up their shitters, nicked toilet seats, thumped their wives, glassed people, crashed into trees....and Rio giving a lecture about it....well....Keyes has never missed a drug test as far as I can f***ing remember.

And anyone who has ever played grass roots football....have you never had conversations about slinging one up a piece the night before?

Go f*** yourselves.
???

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Jeff & Kammy for the new double act

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
At a time when News International are trying to persuade the Tories to allow them to buy the remaining 61% of Sky that they don't own, a carefully timed 'leak' of Gray and Keys being boorish twats will show that management are responsible and firm, and will allow Hunt to nod through the deal. Everyone is happy, Rupert gets 100% of Sky, the Tories have paid off their debt to him for backing them at the election, and they can all look smugly at each other that they operate a professional ship in tune with modern thinking.

I have no time for either of Keys or Gray, but there is more to this than meets the eye.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
So the management is trying to persuade the Tories to allow News International to buy the rest of Sky? Wouldn't this be better achieved by backing, rather than disciplining, Gray and Keys? After all, the pundits' comments echo the social prejudices and attitudes that many Tories have.

Last edited:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I'll do it. Four years in the Brighton League and Sussex Sunday League. I can say "He should've done this,he could've done that".And I only want £1.3 million p.a and free entry to all those league games.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
All they did was state what were all thinking. f*** off Sky.

Wrong.

On a scary note- do you think they might try and get Tim Lovejoy back from the BBC? I've got to say, given the choice between a sexist old twunt like Keys and an all round penis in Lovejoy....I might just sway back towards Keys :ohmy:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
At a time when News International are trying to persuade the Tories to allow them to buy the remaining 61% of Sky that they don't own, a carefully timed 'leak' of Gray and Keys being boorish twats will show that management are responsible and firm, and will allow Hunt to nod through the deal. Everyone is happy, Rupert gets 100% of Sky, the Tories have paid off their debt to him for backing them at the election, and they can all look smugly at each other that they operate a professional ship in tune with modern thinking.

I have no time for either of Keys or Gray, but there is more to this than meets the eye.

First thing I thought off when I heard the original recording, not to mention the Andy Gray legal action against NOW.

However, wouldn't be surprised if it's just someone with a personal gripe - whose timing has to be somewhat admired.

But yes - much more to come on this story.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

You might be on to something there; there do seem to be quite a few strands to this. (Gray suing NOTW over phone hacking for one). One thing's for sure, Sky Sports aren't that worried about sexism. I'll believe they're a true Equal Opportunities employers when someone like Gloria Hunniford gets a job on Sky Sports News. Older women and plain girls can read autocues as well y'know.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Time to bring back Rob McCaffrey from Saudi Arabia and reunite him with Chris Kamara.

He's in Dubai, not Saudi and this year his lot Showtime lost the Premier League to Abu Dhabi Sports and have nothing. They've kept him in employment doing the All Sports show which is like a very shiite version of Soccer AM's All Sports. He'd jump at the chance.

This vid starring Keys and Gray is great

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Farewell Richard, thanks for the memories.

:bigwave:

You and Andy will be sorely missed by all of the football community. You bought the whole package of broadcasting a football match into the 21st century and that will never be forgotten, Sky's loss is someone elses gain.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Indeed. Interesting that there is no internal investigation at Sky either to find the person who "leaked" the clips that ended up on youtube. According to the torygraph this morning, Gray and Keys pretty much considered themselves untoouchable at Sky, and there was a significant portion of the work force that despised them both.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here