Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Richard Keys on Talksport - On in 10 mins

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He sounds very reminiscent of Ron Atkinson explaining what happened before he got sacked.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yeah, I think he already knows, it's not his Sky Sports career he is fighting for, it's his broadcasting job in general.

"The Boot Room" on Dave, presented by Keys with panel Ron Atkinson, Andy Gray and Rodney Marsh. Football's answer to "Top Gear". I'd watch it.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am sure all the upstanding chaps on here have never said anything slightly sexist in a bit of Lads banter in he pub before a game so you have every right to criticise and hang the bloke out to dry.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Phone-tapping. It was only a matter of time...

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
"A lot of double-standards going on here"?!

No shit, Sherlock.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
"The Boot Room" on Dave, presented by Keys with panel Ron Atkinson, Andy Gray and Rodney Marsh. Football's answer to "Top Gear". I'd watch it.

To be fair, it's more likely to be 'The Tool Shed' on Men & Motors.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
To be fair, what more can the bloke do. He made a mistake which he got stitched up for all he can do is hold is hands up and apologise which he's doing.

He's done f*** all wrong apart from get caught out by people trying to stitch him and/or Andy Gray up.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I am sure all the upstanding chaps on here have never said anything slightly sexist in a bit of Lads banter in he pub before a game so you have every right to criticise and hang the bloke out to dry.

He wasn't at the pub though was he? He was at work. In front of women.

He should be sacked for the Massey comments alone if you ask me, unwarrented prejudice.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I don't like the bloke and what he said was stupid but the thought Police in this Country and the over reaction is frankly absurd.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
He wasn't at the pub though was he? He was at work. In front of women.

He should be sacked for the Massey comments alone if you ask me, unwarrented prejudice.

I don't know if Women were there, do you ?. Short of putting him stocks and pelting him with Eggs what more should he do ?. His grovelling apology is not enough, he knows the game is up and is giving a decent go at going down with a bit of a fight.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I don't like the bloke and what he said was stupid but the thought Police in this Country and the over reaction is frankly absurd.

Balls. If I had done/said what either of them has reportedly done/said in my work place, I too would expect to be disciplined.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The thing is, he says he is on to offer 'the other side'. But he hasn't offered any other side, just apologised. There is no other side.

He's on his way out, no question. I reckon he'll be on talkSPORT with Alan Brazil in the mornings before the month is out.

I've actually got a lot of sympathy for him on getting shafted by colleagues, but bad as that is, it's secondary to sexist attitudes in the workplace.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
To be fair, what more can the bloke do. He made a mistake which he got stitched up for all he can do is hold is hands up and apologise which he's doing.

He's done f*** all wrong apart from get caught out by people trying to stitch him and/or Andy Gray up.

The holier than thou attitude and hypocracy of a lot of blokes on here is even more of a concern.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Look at the "Smash It" clip. In that studio there are 3 professionals and some amateur geezer with hairy hands and a microphone.

Hypocrisy is one thing, but having a basic lack of respect and awareness of time and place is unacceptable.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003

Could they squeeze John Leslie onto the sofa?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here