Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Richard III - body found???

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
was the last Plantagenet(House of York) and was one of my distant ancestors

what a way to go in a bloody Leicester car park
I have not got up to reading about him ...........but I really don't think he was a very nice person

Maybe they should test it with your DNA then? Give em a ring.

Camicus

1, How has this propaganda been proved false?
2, I never made the thread about me at all, I merely gave my opinion. Giraffe did by being a dick and now you are doing the same.
3, Seriously get your nose out of his ass, have your own mind and be an individual.
4, I sir, may be a twat but they are useful and you are not.

This is why you are on my ignore list you tedious odious troll

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
...as the Black Prince is buried there and Richard 111 was a Plantagenet.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
This is why you are on my ignore list you tedious odious troll

If I was on your ignore list you would not have been able to read that post.
What you meant to write was, You are now going on my ignore list as I do not have a response clever enough because I am actually the uneducated one :rolleyes:

Anyway

Richard III Body found-Discuss..........

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Richard III actions should be taken in the context of the times. The only crime that we (seriously) accuse him of is the murder of the princes in the tower. Once we sift our way through all the evidence and propaganda put together during the time of Henry III or supported by the House of lancaster (the winner always writes history) there is as much evidence to suggest he would not have killed them as there is that he would have done so. If we assume though, that he did kill them, then in the context of the times there are far-reaching acceptable political reasons why he might have done so. The idea of having the throne held by a minor at that time would have been terrifying for pretty much any noble in the Yorkist camp. A strong leader was needed.

I remember watching a tv trial of Richard III int he eighties and they found him innocent.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He was a very colourful character. In fact you could say that Richard of York gained battles in vain.

I'll get my coat (of arms)

Richard of York GAVE battle in vain. He lost, although it's an easy way to remember the colours of the rainbow.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Only a hunch, but I thought it was him.

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
Was he found under a dasabled spot and will the current monarch now be responsible for the 500 year over due parking expense?

By the way, I know that the Richard III Society has been campagning for years to have him portrayed as misunderstood and one of our greatest monarchs, but if he did not know that his nephews were dead he would not have had himself proclained King. They were ruthless times; his brother had already set the precedent, by murdering Henry VI and his own brother; George Duke of Clarence. I don't think he was the worst King we have had, but the revisionists have as much an agenda as the Tudors!

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I think they should flush his remains down the toilet. That's what I do with most of my Richard the Thirds. Who knows? He could end up as a floater.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
He wasn't all that bad as medieval rulers go.

He introduced the concept of legal representation for those who couldn't afford it and lifted restrictions on the production of books. He also ordered that the law be translated into English so the commoner could understand it. He even went into battle himself despite being disabled. Evidence suggests he was popular with commoners during his reign which is probably why the elite had it in for him. He was stiched up by the Tudors and this was reinforced by a brown-nosing Shakespeare.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here