Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Richard III - body found???

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Or Dr Jo Appleby is saying something now. I'm watching it on mute though so no idea what she is saying!!

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
Or Dr Jo Appleby is saying something now. I'm watching it on mute though so no idea what she is saying!!

there is a woman with a horrible american accent now. They are attempting to use select accounts to support the skeleton that they have found, they are discussing re reading the sources to support the skeleton they have found... They are pulling any evidence, circumstantial or documentary, to support their skeleton whilst not explaining why they are neglecting other sources without explanation.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
The story of him is a quite weird one, he was very loyal up until his brothers death and then set about murdering his 9 and 12 year old nephews to gain the throne. The last medieval King

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
The story of him is a quite weird one, he was very loyal up until his brothers death and then set about murdering his 9 and 12 year old nephews to gain the throne. The last medieval King

as I said not a very nice person
and now said to be definitely him

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
as I said not a very nice person
and now said to be definitely him

Just goes to show that power can do funny things things to people. He was the richest man in the land but still craved the throne and stopped at nothing to get it, including murder.
TBH I dont see them finding his body as a big deal really, why is it?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just goes to show that power can do funny things things to people. He was the richest man in the land but still craved the throne and stopped at nothing to get it, including murder.
TBH I dont see them finding his body as a big deal really, why is it?

I wouldn't expect an uneducated Palace fan to understand.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
I wouldn't expect an uneducated Palace fan to understand.

Uneducated? that response shows you up to be ignorant to be honest. How do you gather that I am uneducated because I do not see the big deal in them finding his remains!!
Perhaps you can tell me what you class as educated?(knowing how to spell your own name does not count).
I await with bated breath your next intellectually superior response?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I liked the Plantagenet. Proper murderous bastards. Not this namby pamby German liberals

me too
I am directly related to many of the Plantagenet's and since finding this out have not be able to put the history books down and they were as you say murderous bastards ....................they came from the Vikings so what else would you expect

I often wonder what they would think about this world now?

Camicus

You have to take his actions in context and you also have to take his reputation with a pinch of salt. Whilst on the throne he introduced massive changes to the legal system introducing bail not allowing the seizing of good before guilt was proved granting access to justice to all translating laws from french to english and gave us freedom of the press. Its ironic that a man who did so much good for the country is vilified thanks to tudor prejudice

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Looking at that skull I'd say it's almost certainly Vicente rather than Richard and Third. Of course that is a pap diagnosis, made without obtaining a full medical history.

8e066__swap__default.jpg

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Uneducated? that response shows you up to be ignorant to be honest. How do you gather that I am uneducated because I do not see the big deal in them finding his remains!!

I assume you to be uneducated because you support Palace. In my experience all Palace fans are uneducated. If you are the exception that proves the rule then I will apologise most humbly.

Last edited:

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
I assume you to be uneducated because you support Palace. In my experience all Palace fans are uneducated. If you are the exception that proves the rule then I will apologise most humbly.

Classic, undeducated :facepalm: But I will concede that to be just a typing error as im not ignorant.
No need to apologise, education can be gained. Unfortunately for you the way back from ignorance is a lot harder.

Last edited by a moderator:

Camicus

Only a place fan could be such a massive cock as to repeat dull propaganda long since proved false. Then make the thread all about him. You Sir are a twat of the highest order and to put it in terms you can understand "Should f*** OFF back to Croydon"

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Classic, undeducated :facepalm: But I will concede that to be just a typing error as im not ignorant.
No need to apologise, education can be gained. Unfortunately for you the way back from ignorance is a lot harder.

Eh? What typing error?

Anyway back to the thread subject. It's a shame he is not returning to York.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Only a place fan could be such a massive cock as to repeat dull propaganda long since proved false. Then make the thread all about him. You Sir are a twat of the highest order and to put it in terms you can understand "Should f*** OFF back to Croydon"

1, How has this propaganda been proved false?
2, I never made the thread about me at all, I merely gave my opinion. Giraffe did by being a dick and now you are doing the same.
3, Seriously get your nose out of his ass, have your own mind and be an individual.
4, I sir, may be a twat but they are useful and you are not.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
surprised they won't bury his remains in Westminster Abbey

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Eh? What typing error?

Anyway back to the thread subject. It's a shame he is not returning to York.

Well done you learn't how to edit a post, disproves my theory of you being a total moron.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here