Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Retained List

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Chelski have agreed a £15m fee with Bournemouth for their No:2 Bergovic.
So they will have a deal in place already with someone.
Expect Maenpaa will wait to see if Stockdale signs as he may want to play now and not remain as no:2.
Expect Sidwell/Bong to sign..

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Not at all. If I got an offer to play for my club I would find it very hard to turn down escpecailly if they were offering a longer deal on similar money.

With Monk going this must muddy the waters somewhat? A new manager could come in who has his own preference. Karanka could bring Victor Valdes etc...

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Expect Maenpaa will wait to see if Stockdale signs as he may want to play now and not remain as no:2.

I'd be amazed if Stockdale leaving meant Maenpaa became first choice. We'd just sign someone else, preferably with some top level experience.

I'd be equally amazed if Stockdale ends up Chelsea's back-up keeper. Just can't see it. 3rd in line maybe - but what a poor career move that would be from a playing perspective.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'd be amazed if Stockdale leaving meant Maenpaa became first choice. We'd just sign someone else, preferably with some top level experience.

I'd be equally amazed if Stockdale ends up Chelsea's back-up keeper. Just can't see it. 3rd in line maybe - but what a poor career move that would be from a playing perspective.

In all probability he will end up signing that new contract with us . . . sadly.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
With Monk going this must muddy the waters somewhat? A new manager could come in who has his own preference. Karanka could bring Victor Valdes etc...

I know Stocko was born, and grew up in Leeds, but where has the assumption that he might be going there, come from? Leeds still have Robert Green, Marco Silvestri, and Bailey Peacock-Farrell on their books. Do they actually need another keeper?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I know Stocko was born, and grew up in Leeds, but where has the assumption that he might be going there, come from? Leeds still have Robert Green, Marco Silvestri, and Bailey Peacock-Farrell on their books. Do they actually need another keeper?

For as long as nothing comes from the club, and until this is all resolved, people are just going to go on guessing. I think he is off to Accrington Stanley personally.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

There have been a number of reports in the National Press linking him with a move there, along with a number of premier league clubs including Chelsea, West Ham & Palace, as well as Boro.

Naylor has also mentioned it in the Argus.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There have been a number of reports in the National Press linking him with a move there, along with a number of premier league clubs including Chelsea, West Ham & Palace, as well as Boro.

Naylor has also mentioned it in the Argus.

It's the close season. The press have got to have something to fill their column inches. The only mention Naylor makes is before the Leeds game.
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/15165489.Why_it_s_club_before_contracts_for_Albion_stars/

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
With only a 25 man squad, all our squad will have to be fit, fitter than they were last season. Lualua seem the big doubt? A few others might use some extra training?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here