Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Restaurant 2012

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Brasserie at the OXO Tower just before Christmas - was very good food and great view of London. Well recommended.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Cafe Motu on trafalgar street does a great English brekkie (real premium sausages) and some other good bits - ie homemade american pancakes with bacon and eggs and a good eggs benedict. Part of the home match routine now, a meet in there for 11.30 then for a few beers at the station.

Best breakfast sausage in Brighton and probably Sussex (although I may not have tried them all yet).

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Jamies, pre Status Quo meal just before Christmas. Over priced and poor quality. It really is hit and miss there but too many misses mean I'm not going back.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Best breakfast sausage in Brighton and probably Sussex (although I may not have tried them all yet).

Best breakfast in Brighton is The Pile Up from Harry's on Church Road.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Food For Friends. Prefer it to Terre a Terre - always great food and not poncey.

I went to Terre a Terre about a year ago and it had seriously gone down hill since my last visit. It used to have a very inventive and creative menu but not that night. The choice and options were very poor. Anyone been recently?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Can anyone recommend a good vegetarian restaurant in Brighton/Hove (or one with good veggie options) apart from Terre a Terre?

A third of Casa Don Carlos menu is veggie and my relations who are veggie always enjoy it. They also recommend the Veggie curry place by Richmond Place

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Can anyone recommend a good vegetarian restaurant in Brighton/Hove (or one with good veggie options) apart from Terre a Terre?

Try the food at the Prince George pub on Trafalgar Street. Won best food pub (not just veggie pub) in the Pub Awards.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Try the food at the Prince George pub on Trafalgar Street. Won best food pub (not just veggie pub) in the Pub Awards.

And I ventured into this place a while after they had packed up and stopped taking orders but the chef very kindly said he would be willing to knock me up some certain items from the menu. Nice touch.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Here's a food question: why, oh why, do people go into Subway when they can walk two doors down Church Rd to Bagelman and buy a similar but much much better and much fresher product? It baffles me. And given I have seen Tommy Elphick in his Albion tracksuit AND Nick Cave in there AND the counter girls are cute and nice and smiley why would you hang out in Subway? Why?

D

Deleted member 18477

going out 2nite for a meal with the lads... we want STEAK!!! where does the best Steak in Brighton? any 'steak house' recomendations? closer to west street the better as the driver is parking there!

D

Deleted member 18477

Here's a food question: why, oh why, do people go into Subway when they can walk two doors down Church Rd to Bagelman and buy a similar but much much better and much fresher product? It baffles me. And given I have seen Tommy Elphick in his Albion tracksuit AND Nick Cave in there AND the counter girls are cute and nice and smiley why would you hang out in Subway? Why?

most may not know its there! especially non locals. obviously subway is marketed very well and are drawn to the big SUBWAY sign outside.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
I went to Terre a Terre about a year ago and it had seriously gone down hill since my last visit. It used to have a very inventive and creative menu but not that night. The choice and options were very poor. Anyone been recently?

I went a year ago and I'll be honest, it was probably the best meal I had all year, and I love my meat. We had the Terre à Tapas. Inventive and creative is exactly what it was, as well as delicious of course. Perhaps you just got unlucky?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I went a year ago and I'll be honest, it was probably the best meal I had all year, and I love my meat. We had the Terre à Tapas. Inventive and creative is exactly what it was, as well as delicious of course. Perhaps you just got unlucky?

Mmmmm. On reflection it was more like 2 years ago I think. Sounds like things have gone upwards again.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
most may not know its there! especially non locals. obviously subway is marketed very well and are drawn to the big SUBWAY sign outside.

Are they blind? It's a few doors away and has tables and chair outside and a queue going out the door at lunch times.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I find Terre a terre very bland nowadays. The tapas IS good but their selection of mains is quite weak imo, for the amount you are paying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here