Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Restaurant 2012

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
Yes. I had my lunch there yesterday. I highly recommend it. I will suggest you go for the 1/3 lb or 1/2 lb burger though. I went for the 1/4 lb and felt the burger was over shadowed by the other ingredients. I had caramelised onions, cheese and bacon and the burger was a little lost in amongst those flavours, mainly the onion. More meat would have sorted the balance out. The chips are very very good as well. They have a deal where you can eat it in The Blind Tiger over the road if you buy a drink.

I just went there for lunch and it was the best vegi burger I've had - a sort of sweet potato and refried bean hash with goats cheese, chili slaw and chipotle mayo. The chips were also very good; with chili salt and homemade cola ketchup. Delicious!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Gaucho, Charlotte Street - a beautiful treat from a supplier and steaks to die for, magnificent a 9.5 rating.

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Last one from me. Lunch at the Lion & Lobster.
Starter for me was foie gras with pannetone and rhubarb chutney. Average foie gras and didn't really think it went well with the pannetone. Obviously a twist for Christmas but it didn't work for me.
The main course of venison, dauphinoise and veg was historic. The jus was fantastic, all veg perfect and the dauphinoise potato the best I've had. Wonderful stuff.
An average chocolate fondant to finish. Very dry. The cherry ice cream served with it was good though.
At just £19.95 per head it was tremendous value.

7.5/10

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I just went there for lunch and it was the best vegi burger I've had - a sort of sweet potato and refried bean hash with goats cheese, chili slaw and chipotle mayo. The chips were also very good; with chili salt and homemade cola ketchup. Delicious!

Sounds good. It's a great little place. I'm going to go back to test my theory about the 1/2 lb-er. Ill also check the chilli salt out.

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Final shout of the year goes to Warung Tujuh.
Went last night and it was packed as usual.
Very hard to fault anything about it.
I had beef and my partner had lamb. Both excellent. It's all about the marinades I guess. Shared another rice-based main too.
If you like Thai, Vietnamese etc then you have to go.
4 beers and 3 main courses just £45.
Great stuff.

wilko1

Feb 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Went to Chilli Pickle again last night...was good, but feel with each visit enjoying it a little less
Have to say on balance prefer Indian Summer, as both in same (upmarket Indian) category
Neither cheap though

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
Final shout of the year goes to Warung Tujuh.
Went last night and it was packed as usual.
Very hard to fault anything about it.
I had beef and my partner had lamb. Both excellent. It's all about the marinades I guess. Shared another rice-based main too.
If you like Thai, Vietnamese etc then you have to go.
4 beers and 3 main courses just £45.
Great stuff.

Oh yeah it's really good there. I had lunch there a few weeks ago - £7 for two courses!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Went to Chilli Pickle again last night...was good, but feel with each visit enjoying it a little less
Have to say on balance prefer Indian Summer, as both in same (upmarket Indian) category
Neither cheap though

Out of interest why do you like it less and less? My wife isn't a fan; she finds the surroundings a bit to "plasticky."

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The Viceroy Indian Restaurant, East Molesey. Quite nice.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Oh yeah it's really good there. I had lunch there a few weeks ago - £7 for two courses!

Yeah the lunch is really good value even if the choice is a bit limited. I recommend the pudding as the Jackfruit ice cream is lovely

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Donatello - last night.

Not a bad meal but last time I will ever go to restaurant with wife's younger sister, tightest bitch in the world want some of my starter as they picked the cheap offer of the salad bar so told her to do one. The meal was not bad but the service was a total disgrace so no tip.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Went to The Connaught on Hove Street for the 4th year running for my Xmas lunch with Vater , Frau and Bruder Tubthumper. Had a wonderful time, great food, great company, surroundings, relaxed and fun atmosphere and an unrushed service.

Highly recommend this place for Xmas day.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Have been tasked next month to book a location for evening meal with friends and family for a birthday.

Criteria is it needs to be in city centre; to be for 8-10 people and cater for gluten free. price range <£25pp

recommendations please!

Edit: Do not want Donatellos/Pinnochioes/Pizza Hut/Maccy D's etc

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Have been tasked next month to book a location for evening meal with friends and family for a birthday.

Criteria is it needs to be in city centre; to be for 8-10 people and cater for gluten free. price range <£25pp

recommendations please!

Edit: Do not want Donatellos/Pinnochioes/Pizza Hut/Maccy D's etc

Casa Don Carlos : the best & most central

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Had a wonderful mixed shellfish platter/Sole meal a couple of weeks back at 'Into The Blue' (previously The Seafood Experience) on Shoreham Beach
Current & previous retired owner have had the pick from the boats out of Shoreham Harbour for 25 years. Unpretentious but marvellously fresh & beautifully cooked & staff are always friendly
Ranked 1st out of 911 in West Sussex on Trip Advisor

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here