Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Restaurant 2012

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I did The Cuthbert with the family a couple of weeks ago, and it was superb. Including booze we did about 200 notes between the 5 of us, but the choice of dishes was good, and the quality of food first class. Good wine list, really excellent service from young people who really did care about the business. I hope it succeeds - as you say it is well off the beaten track, but for an £8 cab ride each way from The Metropole we got a truly excellent evening for a price that I just don't think you could get in the centre of town.

For as long as it is there, it will be my first choice whenever I'm in town with a reason to fine dine.....

wedgee

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Giovani Ranna, Triton Square - very excellent free meal from a supplier

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Went to The Melrose last weekend. Fairly average. Good restaurant to introduce kids to fish and generous portions but the food was only so. Fishy Fishy is far far better. 6/10

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Blanc Brasserie, Charlotte Street W1T 2LS - work Xmas meal and simply stunning food and excellent value.

Cannot recommend this restaurant too highly

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Blanc Brasserie, Charlotte Street W1T 2LS - work Xmas meal and simply stunning food and excellent value.

Cannot recommend this restaurant too highly

No lambs liver I assume :lol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
No lambs liver I assume :lol:

Fortunately not, I had the Xmas meal of salmon starter, turkey and chocolate mouse - lovely jubbly

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Anyone been here yet? Burgers s Pantry

I went a few times on my lunch break when the Mexican van was there but now it's been replaced with this burger van and it looks pretty special.

I have been a few times. It is hands down the best burger I have ever had. Really is quite special.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
La Choza for lunch this afternoon. Mexican Street food at decent prices. Their pulled pork tacos were wicked, missus enjoyed her burrito very much also. Fresh, vibrant flavours and really friendly staff. Place was packed and has been since it opened judging by the lack of seats very time I've wanted to go in. Three people happily fed with a beer and a glass of wine for 28 quid. Nice.

8/10

I finally went here. Very good, really good value. The serving staff are very friendly but pretty useless though

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
I treated Mrs Red Star to the works last night, it's the least i could do with the problems she's had this year. We started off at the " Whistle Stop " on Boundary Road, where we downed eight pints of the most marvelously kept Stella, before crawling over the road for a romantic dinner for two at the Oriental Village. The food was outstanding, though we weren't impressed with the service, seemed like they couldn't get us out the door quick enough. I'll overlook the service as they undercharged us £ 5 :lolol:

All in all a great night, shame "her indoors" made a show of herself waiting for the number 6 home.

download (4).jpg

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Tried the Jolly Poacher on Sunday which I believe is the sister pub of the Jolly Sportsman in East Chiltington. For starter I tried the Red Skin Peanut Pigs Cheeks, Granny Smith & Fennel Slaw which was tasty, an ideal portion for a starter, for main I had the beef which whilst not outstanding was perfectly acceptable. All in a promising start, not the cheapest place but I can see it eventually being a success.
7.5/10

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have been a few times. It is hands down the best burger I have ever had. Really is quite special.
[MENTION=12187]Uter[/MENTION] and myself will be checking this place out on Friday.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Anyone been here yet? Burgers s Pantry

I went a few times on my lunch break when the Mexican van was there but now it's been replaced with this burger van and it looks pretty special.

Yes. I had my lunch there yesterday. I highly recommend it. I will suggest you go for the 1/3 lb or 1/2 lb burger though. I went for the 1/4 lb and felt the burger was over shadowed by the other ingredients. I had caramelised onions, cheese and bacon and the burger was a little lost in amongst those flavours, mainly the onion. More meat would have sorted the balance out. The chips are very very good as well. They have a deal where you can eat it in The Blind Tiger over the road if you buy a drink.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Went to Troll's Pantry pre-match today. Agree with HT's sentiments about the toppings overwhelming the meat so think you need to have a 1/2lb burger to really appreciate all of the ingredients they put into such a fine burger. I was a little disappointed with the chips though - not quite crisp enough for skinny fries.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Interwok, Worthing - standard fixed price buffet and very good value for money.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I was a little disappointed with the chips though - not quite crisp enough for skinny fries.

That's a shame as mine yesterday were certainly crisp. I'll try the 1/2 lb burger next time then; it's a tough life :wink:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
La Galleria Shoreham - Family meal to celebrate my birthday, magnificent

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here