Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Replacement for Chicksen

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Why do we need a replacement for a player who never had a run in the side or rarely made the bench even after the only other recognised players in his position were out injured.

That would be like bringing in a replacement for Ankergren

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Henry Hughton?

HENRY HUGHTON?!

HENRY ****ING HUGHTON?!?!?

[MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] Any Albion fan worth their salt, particularly of our age, must realize that THAT man, that ******* is the closest thing you'll ever get to the devil on football....

I will never forgive him fro breaking Gerry Ryan's leg, and neither should you.

I think you need to take a moment and have a long hard think about your future conduct.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Why would we want to sign the player that ended Gerry Ryans career with that awful leg breaking tackle.

I dont think I've seen a more scared player on the pitch in the return game at the Goldstone where he spent the entire game onlytakinf one touch if the ball for fear of being tackled and came no where near the side of the putch due to the hostile reception.

The mere fact that he is now 56 years of age and hasn't kicked a football for about 20 years may well be another reason that we aren't too interested in signing him.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
The mere fact that he is now 56 years of age and hasn't kicked a football for about 20 years may well be another reason that we aren't too interested in signing him.
Should fit in well then! There's some chap who looks like Capt Mainwaring living in Cowfold who could do a job.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Why do we need a replacement for a player who never had a run in the side or rarely made the bench even after the only other recognised players in his position were out injured.

That would be like bringing in a replacement for Ankergren

Completely agree, why waste resources replacing a player obviously so poorly rated he wasn't even selected above a 3rd choice right-back, in his actual position !!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why bring Henry Hughton out of retirement BG -

BTW : Just to put this to bed BG. There are no plans to add a left back to the squad. Bong is expected to be back by the time Ridgewell goes back to the US

Obviously the suggestion of Gary Borrowdale and Henry Hughton was said in jest but are you seriously saying that having suffered with the injuries to both Bong and Rosenior we haven't learnt our lesson and making sure it couldn't happen again? So if Bong gets a red card in his first game back we are back to square 1. Unbelievable, considering our league position and the possibilities that exist.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Completely agree, why waste resources replacing a player obviously so poorly rated he wasn't even selected above a 3rd choice right-back, in his actual position !!

Because WE DO NOT HAVE A FIRST CHOICE COVER for Bong we are shoe honing players into a position that is not their natural position and fitting Square peg intio a round hole and hoping it will fit. It will if the diameter of the hole is slightly smaller than the size of the square but will not work every time and so it is with players yes Rosenior can slot into left back when fit and so can Calderon but it is not the best answer and not for any length of time.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Obviously the suggestion of Gary Borrowdale and Henry Hughton was said in jest but are you seriously saying that having suffered with the injuries to both Bong and Rosenior we haven't learnt our lesson and making sure it couldn't happen again? So if Bong gets a red card in his first game back we are back to square 1. Unbelievable, considering our league position and the possibilities that exist.

The difference being that the loan window will be open this time, so if Bong gets the card and Rosenior is still unfit we have options to bring someone in at that point. Our problems happened before because the loan window had just shut. No need to worry for now, until the loan window shuts at the end of March.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sorry you are mixed up the loan window was open when Bong got injured but CH said he didnt need a left back as he had Rosenior and Calderon who could do the job. The window closed 23rd November, Roseniors was injured on 28th Nov nobody could have foreseen that and it was too late to bring anybody in. But prior to that injury , he said he couldnt bring one in as none were available. This I maintain was his 1 big mistake.,

We are putting ourselves in possibly the same positon on the run in to the season if anything happens to Bong again and to me this is ridiculous.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
At least this thread has established one thing - BG is only funny when he isn't TRYING to be.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
At least this thread has established one thing - BG is only funny when he isn't TRYING to be.

I am trying to be logical and not get caught out again. As I have said many times I believe this mistake is the reason we are not in an automatic promotion place and could come back to haunt us and us saying if only.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here