Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** REMF XI vs NSC XI - Saturday 28th March 2009 ***

Janbha

Dec 5, 2008
Hove
As I was the only spectator there I guess it is my resonsibility to do the report!

1st half we had the wind in our faces and spent most of the time defending as the wind was with REMF. We did string together a good number of one touch passes which at one stage looked rather impressive!
It was obvious that REMF play together on a regular basis, and more than obvious that most of us had never even met before.
At least three of their first half goals were excellant, especially a sweet little back kick that no-one was expecting, not even the keeper, bless him!
2nd half we came out and looked lacking stamina and even looked like we had lost the will to live, I thought Jesus Christ I am going to have to give someone mouth to mouth, so I promptly went and got myself a coffee, and returned to watch from the warmth and comfort of the car.
The keeper that played for them first half was now playing for us? I am not sure who he actually played for but he did a fantastic job and was a pleasure to watch. He actually tried to control the back four who were now lagging dreadfully. Most of the players were young lads except for Taybha who I will say ran his little socks off, till his ole legs would carry him no more!!
We were now looking more like the Keystone Cops and when it came to the dodgy penalty which was awarded for one of our players dropping to the ground (again I thought jesus christ here we go!) and their player tripping over him, I guessed the ref now was feeling our pain and awarded the penalty! We scored from the penalty and the end result was 8-1 I think! To sum up all I can say is well done lads REMF great game and after all it was for charity! :clap2:

Jimmy Grimble

Glad everyone enjoyed it.

BUT, not taking anything away from team NSC just going by the scoreline here, if the REMF side would like a more, challenging match shall we say, in preparation we would be more than happy to play you on a Saturday morning before a Brighton match.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Thanks Janbha, good report. The impression of 11 knackered old gits chasing another better team around on a cold windy pitch came across clearly. Sounds like most Saturday afternoon's. :lol: Well done everyone.

scooter1

How soon is now?
was a laugh except for the f***ing wind!!!

Agreed - take nothing away from the REMF(they knew each others names - always a good start), but the wind was a nightmare in the first half. Don't have an opinion of the 2nd half as I sat that out.

NB: If any teams out there want a slightly ageing centre half with dodgy knees then i'm up for a few games..

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I did enjoy that actually, even if i was dreadful, it was a good laugh.

Well played all.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
I actually ache today, so much so I couldn't be arsed to go on my usual run today. I think I'll stick to 5-a-side keeping, it's easier!

Shame my prediction of an albion 2-1 win was bollocks thou.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Yeah even though it was a bit tough us having to play into the wind in the first half but nice to meet some people none the less, shame I had to leave at half time.

Can someone who knows (probably Chris I guess), put the NSC usernames of those who played so I can put some faces to the names?

Taybha is pretty obvious and clearly Scooter is Alex but i don't think I have a clue who anyone else was?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Yeah even though it was a bit tough us having to play into the wind in the first half but nice to meet some people none the less, shame I had to leave at half time.

Can someone who knows (probably Chris I guess), put the NSC usernames of those who played so I can put some faces to the names?

Taybha is pretty obvious and clearly Scooter is Alex but i don't think I have a clue who anyone else was?

From what i can remember,1 alex 1 chris 1 me and 8 sams :laugh:

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton

I played right back in the first half then centre back in the second half.

Just as a matter of clarification; while I can't speak for the others in the defence, at no point were my energy levels lagging :p Just throwing that out there.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing

I was the keeper that wasn't as good as the REMF one!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I played right back in the first half then centre back in the second half.

Just as a matter of clarification; while I can't speak for the others in the defence, at no point were my energy levels lagging :p Just throwing that out there.

And had the energy to warm down as i collapsed into my car :bowdown:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I played right midfield for NSC in the first half, centre mid for a bit of the second and was then switched to right back :ohmy:

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I was one of those 8 Sam's.
Upfront with Chris for NSC.

Whilst my energy levels also weren't lagging, the team work of REMF, who clearly knew each others strengths, weaknesses, positions and most importantly, names(!), was clear from the off. Wouldn't say NSC just made up the numbers, but the majority obviously didn't know each other, and that was going to be a problem from the start. Whilst I'm sure there's individual talent, we weren't really a team. End of the day, it was a warm up match for the REMF team before the Palace game, and that's basically what it was.

Cheers everyone for a good day, and well done REMF. Sure you'll be fine against Palace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here