Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF score: 6-1 to the albion

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
Trilby said:
I knew you lads would be up for it, but some of our team seemed to think we'd win just be strolling out there. It was really fustrating watching it from up front, I had to drop back just to get a touch of the ball.

Still, next year it will be ours again!

what number were u?

A great experience all round, well done to all those who organised things, it was a hugely enjoyable night.

Excellent attacking from Beefy and Wayne, a class above their lot. Sam, Toby and Adie all had great games and the defence was solid as a rock. Even Griffin had a stormer!

The following morning, I got the train to Croydon to meet my brother for his birthday paintballing session... i was walking aroung East Croydon station at half 8 and bumped into one of the Palace boys! The dark-haried one, I think he was the coach bloke, I dont think he played at all - know who I mean fatboy?

Anyway that was all he needed, me coming up to him early morning and reminding him of the scoreline.... *snigger*

Still, he was on his way to Crewe so Im sure that made up for it.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Come on guys, without the Palace boys making the effort to come all the way down from Croydon to play the game , 90 mile round trip, the REMF games would not happen.

They were pissed off being 6-0 down and heat of the moment things happen.

Without them continuing to support the fund and their commitment to match REMF 4 will not happen. They also raised £ 367.50 towards the fund not to mention the Golf day organised by them.

Chris_J

Apr 6, 2004
Kent
I don't think any of our boys were intentionally trying to foul, we were just generally a yard slower than you getting to the ball.

It was hard playing in midfield when the ball was constantly punted over our heads. If we had got the ball down and played we would have given you more of a game.

Saying that though, you had some excellent players and it was good to chat to some of you after the game. :cool:

Trilby

Mar 10, 2004
Offside
You guys wanted it more than us. Much more. And full credit to you because thats what won it for you. You played some good footy too and scored some good goals.

Hopefully we'll sort ourselves out for next year and give you more of a game.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
jonnyboylennon said:
AThe following morning, I got the train to Croydon to meet my brother for his birthday paintballing session... i was walking aroung East Croydon station at half 8 and bumped into one of the Palace boys! The dark-haried one, I think he was the coach bloke, I dont think he played at all - know who I mean fatboy?

Tyrell.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I was so proud

"sniff"

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
Had we played with that team in the first 2 games I think we would have won all 3 by now.

TOTKM wont get back in the team now.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
19. I only came on for the last 10 or so as we had run out of subs and Sam was injured.

I expect Robert would have been proud of us if he was watching from somewhere.

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
And thats what is was all about. As in the previous 2 years when we were downbeat, we all raised a can of wife beater in the changing rooms afterwards to solute him.

R.I.P Robert.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Gary Nelson said:
And thats what is was all about. As in the previous 2 years when we were downbeat, we all raised a can of wife beater in the changing rooms afterwards to solute him.

R.I.P Robert.

It was your speech in the changing room beforehand that did it Nelson.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
well said Matt Guuuuuuuuur

ps - who was that fitty u were with in t'standard sat? no not downloaded penguin. Or paul Camilin:jester:

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Can I get a back-order for the REMF2 losers trophy that I missed out on when there weren't enough? =)

I was determined to get closer to the front of the queue this time around. Sorry Sam!

cpfc remf captain

Jul 6, 2003
Bad tackles, there wasn't any was there, well i did 1 but apologised straight away.

The ref was poor, 1 of your players took a kick at ginger in 1st half, ref saw it & done nothing. No hard feelings, we would of lost what ever officials we had. But as for bad tackles, come on, that 1 last year could of caused a mass brawl, there were none like that on fri.

I havent been around last few days, sorry left early, just had a nice drive to Crewe to look forward to, we will have that trophy back 1 year.

Just the golf to look forward to now.

Many thanks for another good night, just a shame about the result.

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
sheebo said:
well said Matt Guuuuuuuuur

ps - who was that fitty u were with in t'standard sat? no not downloaded penguin. Or paul Camilin:jester:

I cant quite remember but Im sure it was x of some description.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here