Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**REMF Auction. Meet Dick Knight, for coffee and a personalised signed book. Bid here **

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I can't wait for the book to come out where he slates the new Chairman. I wonder if the REMF will ban it from their website.

Without US there would be no REMF, so keep your flippant remarks to yourself Commander.
Ok Tony is chairman of it now but let us not forgot.
I bet you get a mention when he writes the book.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I admire you US, but this is funny :lolol:

It was mildly amusing I suppose. Look I am not Sir Bob Geldof I am some bloke trying to raise as much as I can for a charity I and hundreds of others love. That is it.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Without US there would be no REMF, so keep your flippant remarks to yourself Commander.
Ok Tony is chairman of it now but let us not forgot.
I bet you get a mention when he writes the book.

That is a bit ingenuous to all the people who have worked hard to keep the fund going, be it the original game where Kev Risby, a staunch palace fan, suggested it and we all got together to set up the first game, Roz and ed, stumpy tim, tricky dicky, nick in New York, Sevenoaks Seagull, Alred, Orange Ben, Paul Camillin, Kay and all the unsung heroes. Then the original palace vs brighton golf day which morphed into Tony's brilliantly organised and supported REMF golf day as well as Big Al's quizzes and all the various one off auctions that Gareth is so great at organising.

Gareth will be the first to tell anyone, it's NOT about personalities, it's about raising money for a fantastic cause and I would say that this is the main driving force of the fund.

Tony has made a terrific impact on the public and private face of the fund and is, as Gareth was, a tremendous chairman as well as being a bloody nice bloke.

On this one, nice one Gareth, again showing how one little gesture can snowball into a good fund raising effort.

Onwards and upwards.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
That is a bit ingenuous to all the people who have worked hard to keep the fund going, be it the original game where Kev Risby, a staunch palace fan, suggested it and we all got together to set up the first game, Roz and ed, stumpy tim, tricky dicky, nick in New York, Sevenoaks Seagull, Alred, Orange Ben, Paul Camillin, Kay and all the unsung heroes. Then the original palace vs brighton golf day which morphed into Tony's brilliantly organised and supported REMF golf day as well as Big Al's quizzes and all the various one off auctions that Gareth is so great at organising.

Gareth will be the first to tell anyone, it's NOT about personalities, it's about raising money for a fantastic cause and I would say that this is the main driving force of the fund.

Tony has made a terrific impact on the public and private face of the fund and is, as Gareth was, a tremendous chairman as well as being a bloody nice bloke.

On this one, nice one Gareth, again showing how one little gesture can snowball into a good fund raising effort.

Onwards and upwards.

I agree Dave. Lots of good people put a lot of hard work into the REMF in their spare time. Without them all it would cease to exist. Tony is doing a fantastic job as Chairman now being the figurehead of the REMF and he will be on the pitch at halftime during BHAFC V Barnsley for the £ 17000 Powerchair REMF donation we have just made.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
1. Footsoldier £ 80
2. Creaky £ 40

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
it's about raising money for a fantastic cause and I would say that this is the main driving force of the fund.

Absolutely!

Well I want one for Xmas and it is £6.17 for kindle and £13.25 for hard back.

Will they go for around that?

Maybe Dave but due to Dick's generosity for a cause he has supported from day 1 and been at virtually all the games I hope we may get to £ 50 a book for the REMF. I will leave if to the generosity of the good people on here.

Ah...I'm out then.

Thanks

Oh...

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Come on people these 2 places must be worth £ 100 each at least. This is not a room with 100 people it is a one to one with Dick.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Absolutely!

Dave has done a lot over the years tbf Bozza. Lets just keep this to bids now and hope to get £ 200 plus. Thanks everyone.

Oh...

Dave has done a lot over the years tbf Bozza. Lets just keep this to bids now and hope to get £ 200 plus. Thanks everyone.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
btw as you have Bozza. NSC has donated thousands through you for the REMF. I know this and respect it as everyone does so lets just get behind this for the best result now.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
**REMF Auction. Meet Dick Knight, for coffee and a personalised signed book. ...

That would be a superb effort if you could get £200 for it. I reckon it's do-able.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Absolutely!

Oh...

To be fair Darren, I don't get hard back books these days...I do a lot of travelling so it's so much easier to use a kindle. Not that I am deliberately not bidding to make some sort of point...it's just the kindle is easier. Simples

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
That would be a superb effort if you could get £200 for it. I reckon it's do-able.

Will do my best and no hard feelings. Now lets go for it !

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
To be fair Darren, I don't get hard back books these days...I do a lot of travelling so it's so much easier to use a kindle. Not that I am deliberately not bidding to make some sort of point...it's just the kindle is easier. Simples

I'm sure Dick would sign your Kindle if US begged him

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Let us just keep the bids coming in.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I'm sure Dick would sign your Kindle if US begged him

I see him most Sundays walking his dog along the seafront. I could give him the kindle and get him to sign the cover..LOL.

Some of the conversations we had regarding AITC were very interesting and certainly pre emptied some of the subsequent press releases regarding his unhappiness as to what was happening. The last time I saw him, he was not an Happy bunny.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Oh, what the hell, it's for an excellent cause and I wouldn't mind asking Dick a couple of questions! £100 too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here