Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] REMF 20th Anniversary

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You know me, Zef. I'm in.

Haven't kicked a ball (or player in training...sorry Andy from SKINT) in anger since, but I reckon that I've got one more game in me.

Admittedly it would be as much for going down to Club Barcelona afterwards and watching Stumpy Tim give Ian Chapman his autograph again.

For the sake of full disclosure, there is the small matter of needing to lose about 5 stone in weight beforehand.

But I'd do it for REMF and the privilege of lining up with you guys in the blue and white stripes one last time.

:)

Or you could just change your username to butters' shirt :moo:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Sadly Richard is currently not at all well and not looking good. :-(

In light of this sad news, what about an impromptu REMF / NSC anniversary meet-up (sorry, 'meat-up') soon, possibly this weekend?

Following Brovion's sensible suggestion, we could head to Zef's local in Shoreham or perhaps to Brett's Caxton Arms near Btn station.

Anything we could do to help Richard here would obviously be very worthwhile.

Let's do something guys. Who's in?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
IThis weekend is awkward as have a few commitments, and a gig in London Sat night. but otherwise yes, lets do it, Caxton of the Duke is good for me . . . hopefully a few others are around and can make it ?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Lokki is retired (already)

Blimey - really?!

I've been knocking around NCS for 20+ years but it only seems like 5 minutes. But every so often a comment like the above hits me and makes me realise how (many) of us have grown up on here together, sharing news of marriages, divorces, kids arriving, kids flying the nest, promotions, demotions, redundancies and retirement - and pretty much everything else in between. Somehow, I manage to convince myself that on here (NSC), time stands still and none of us grow older. To be perfectly honest, I'm still coming to terms with the news from a few years ago that [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] had become a grandfather, FFS.

In short, it all feels a bit like this.... >

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
That sounds really great idea. I remember the one we had in town where [MENTION=357]afters[/MENTION] and @ meades ball both came along with many others. Remember sitting at a table and getting candle wax on my sleeve brushing a lit candle…..it looked highly suspicious

Would be great to see some of the old guys!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Blimey - really?!

I've been knocking around NCS for 20+ years but it only seems like 5 minutes. But every so often a comment like the above hits me and makes me realise how (many) of us have grown up on here together, sharing news of marriages, divorces, kids arriving, kids flying the nest, promotions, demotions, redundancies and retirement - and pretty much everything else in between. Somehow, I manage to convince myself that on here (NSC), time stands still and none of us grow older. To be perfectly honest, I'm still coming to terms with the news from a few years ago that [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] had become a grandfather, FFS.

I'll be a double-grandfather in February as well fella :thumbsup:

:mad:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Blimey - really?!

In short, it all feels a bit like this.... >

I met my bloody wife here, NSC has a LOT to answer for! Lots born, and some sadly died. Funny thing is, my most social active time as a 'supporter' was before the tinterweb was invented . . . .

Anyway . . .a REMF drinks evening is a must, a geriatrics match even better, even if its a 6 a side kick about . . .

ALso remember some of the meetings pre remf were @ the Nelson. And training in a bog at Portslade.

Lots or memories today. . . Been a tough day.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Richard Allen
Tim Ayling
Steve Baines
Kevin Barrett
Dan Bassford
Simon Sebbage
Joe Byrne
Paul Camillin
Gavan Collins
Wayne Emerson
Gareth Glover
Richard Goodman
Matt Gurr
Ricky Marlowe
Andy McKirdy
Mark Owen - Captain
Clive Power
Tim Vince
Dave Willcock
Aelred Wilkinson

BHAFC 4
CPFC 4

Attendance - 900

Last edited:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I don't recall seeing any, but there must be some photographic evidence somewhere? video wasn't so common then.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I’ve done bugger all for REMF bar Chuck the odd tenner in and visit the site in NY. But I’m proud by association of what NSC has achieved and done to remember him and keep his name alive. All of you who have done so much down the years really need to take a bow. You are amazing men and women, I’m sure Robert and his family are justifiably proud of what you’ve done in his memory and the many peoples lives you’ve changed for the better. I’m always citing REMF as an example of how good triumphs evil every time. Well done folks. :bowdown:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Richard Allen
Tim Ayling
Steve Baines
Kevin Barrett
Dan Bassford
Simon Sebbage
Joe Byrne
Paul Camillin
Gavan Collins
Wayne Emerson
Gareth Glover
Richard Goodman
Matt Gurr
Ricky Marlowe
Andy McKirdy
Mark Owen - Captain
Clive Power
Tim Vince
Dave Willcock
Aelred Wilkinson

BHAFC 4
CPFC 4

Attendance - 900

It won’t be long before a squad can be assembled made up from the kids of the original old-stagers, plus NSC offspring that weren’t even born or were still at primary school when the first game took place….the time to hand on the baton is nearing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It won’t be long before a squad can be assembled made up from the kids of the original old-stagers, plus NSC offspring that weren’t even born or were still at primary school when the first game took place….the time to hand on the baton is nearing

An idea to have a 20th anniversary game next year with original members maybe before the main REMF game, 15 minutes each way

We can also honour people who are now longer here from 2001 involved with the REMF

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
An idea to have a 20th anniversary game next year with original members maybe before the main REMF game, 15 minutes each way

We can also honour people who are now longer here from 2001 involved with the REMF

That's a very good idea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here