Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] REMF 20th Anniversary

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I did a few of those, last one I remember was vs Fulham possibly? , played on a heavy pitch ( no other way @ waterhall) they had an older very sturdy midfielder, and his 15 year old daughter skinned me on the wing, did my knee in that day, another bit of cartilidge gone . . . . haven't played a proper match since.

This is the most ‘recent’ one, I played in, against Doncaster a decade ago.

Three current NSC mods in that line up!

5801BCAD-85D6-4F7A-9649-01104C4BE42C.jpeg

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Two goals mate. Scored the opener (have I mentioned I was the first ever REMF goalscorer).

If only my striking partner was any good

Blah blah blah Tim.

Come back to me when you’ve scored the winner in one REMF game, AND kept a clean sheet in another... :wink:

88B8A9B2-1471-475C-9BED-D2D29C9F47FC.jpeg

BE047BD3-465B-45E9-B982-87B1A57C0253.jpeg

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yes we played against Milwall up at Falmer University and a couple of other games including playing an Albion XI at East Preston .

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

I remember the millwall games, which were feisty at times. Especially when poor Brett was caught in the face from a flying boot from a millwall player who tried an overhead kick! Also remember the one at Sussex university pitch where our centre back Richard? Who blasted a kick straight at the millwall centre forward and hit his arse....I leapt in as he was about to kill him!

Watford away was also a good game although I ended up in goal and my first job was to face a penalty ...which I didn’t save

Fulham game ...i reffed that one too and talking to some of them, they had games against the first team and club ex pros on a regular basis.

They were good times and although the REMF game went in a different direction from what was intended, when instead of a fans friendly game it became more a game of a high standard with ex professionals being drafted in ...which may or may not have put “ bums on seats” and of course we had the bun fights about getting in the team. However, the REMF remains a force for good and extremely well soldiered by Gareth, the late Tony, Brett Al and Mike and of course the various people who have come and gone over the years ( and of course all those who were the original gang of 10 ish who set this all up)

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
They were good times and although the REMF game went in a different direction from what was intended, when instead of a fans friendly game it became more a game of a high standard with ex professionals being drafted in ...which may or may not have put “ bums on seats” and of course we had the bun fights about getting in the team. However, the REMF remains a force for good and extremely well soldiered by Gareth, the late Tony, Brett Al and Mike and of course the various people who have come and gone over the years ( and of course all those who were the original gang of 10 ish who set this all up)

I only got involved because Roz hurt her leg.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Really enjoyed being involved on and off over the years. Helped to arrange a number of NSC sides to play REMF in warm up games. Quite a few going from the NSC side into the REMF one of the years which put paid a touch to the closed shop argument.

Also enjoyed the fans games as well. Played quite a few games against Doncaster for some reason.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I'm not sure if there's a good time to start/restart this, but I think we should do something . . . .

Whilst most of us from the original match are (just) past our footballing prime, we should also take to the pitch if at all possible. . . not forgetting those who've been involved in the interim, and throughout.

It's a little way off yet, but what with everything else, it'll need planning, hopefuly we'll all be allowed out by then. and if we're lucky all vaccinated.

It remains one of the best things NSC has ever done. :clap2:

What say ye all?

You know me, Zef. I'm in.

Haven't kicked a ball (or player in training...sorry Andy from SKINT) in anger since, but I reckon that I've got one more game in me.

Admittedly it would be as much for going down to Club Barcelona afterwards and watching Stumpy Tim give Ian Chapman his autograph again.

For the sake of full disclosure, there is the small matter of needing to lose about 5 stone in weight beforehand.

But I'd do it for REMF and the privilege of lining up with you guys in the blue and white stripes one last time.

:)

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
You know me, Zef. I'm in.

Haven't kicked a ball (or player in training...sorry Andy from SKINT) in anger since, but I reckon that I've got one more game in me.

Admittedly it would be as much for going down to Club Barcelona afterwards and watching Stumpy Tim give Ian Chapman his autograph again.

For the sake of full disclosure, there is the small matter of needing to lose about 5 stone in weight beforehand.

But I'd do it for REMF and the privilege of lining up with you guys in the blue and white stripes one last time.

:)

If Hart's shirt has one more game I can definitely give you at least a half.

Totally up for it.

Maybe Stumpy will even pass the ball this time

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If Hart's shirt has one more game I can definitely give you at least a half.

Totally up for it.

Maybe Stumpy will even pass the ball this time

Anyone know what happened to Lokki and Seagulls over Sevenoaks ( Wayne?)

I have Richard ( tricky dicky) on Facebook . He is doing ok.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Blimey, 20 years. At 44 I think I was the oldest player (except for Ricky Marlowe) on both sides, and the good news is that at 64 and with a bad back and a dodgy heart I'm still just as good as I was then! (You can't lose what you never had). I could do the kick-off and then get ceremonially subbed-off, but that would be about it.

But yes, it would be great to see you all again - especially Buzz Lightyear! I know some I've seen some of you occasionally over the years, but I'm not the best at keeping in touch with people.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Just been watching the Netflix docu-series 'Turning Point', and in episode 5 in a poignant reflection of the 20th Anniversary the shot pans across Robert's name at the memorial, as a US flag is place by the name next to his. Bit of a moment to remember.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
20 years ago today.

Memories of the very cold evening come flooding back.

Albion manager Peter Taylor giving us the team talk was a bit of a highlight.

To put it in perspective for the youngsters, less than a year earlier he was England's caretaker manager against Italy.

He gave the captain's armband to some guy called Beckham.

Whatever happened to him?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
When is the actual match anniversary? December isn't it?

EDIT: No it was the 9th November - just re-read the thread and saw the programme!

Blimey, yes, happy 20th anniversary to all my fellow REMF-ers. (Could have sworn it was December!)

Last edited:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I'm feeling every single one of those 20 years...

You and me both! But that doesn't stop me from thinking I've got one last game in me...maybe next year...

Welcome back to NSC btw, SOS. Don't be a stranger here now! :cheers:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Anyone know what happened to Lokki and Seagulls over Sevenoaks ( Wayne?)

I have Richard ( tricky dicky) on Facebook . He is doing ok.

Lokki is retired (already) and spends most of his life in France. I see him about once a year and was due to see him again this month but he's ducked out of our chaps trip to Villa. Not seen Wayne in years either, would be good to know how he's doing.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'm up for something, could probably manage to play a half at least. .

Sadly Richard is currently not at all well and not looking good. :-(

I'll never forget running out in the stripes to a cheering crowd. I think there were nearly 8-900 people there on the night ?

I still have the original poster in my stash.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here