Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Religion is the cause of all problems...

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
The bible, kuran ect wre written by mankind and may not be accurate, but the message may well be the word of God.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Consider a realm where there is no matter, no time, no space, no physics, etc - a reality before the universe existed. Questions like "where" and "when" make no sense, they don't apply.

If God does exist, it does not have a beginning, or come from a place - as it preceded the existence of time and space.

The realm of the Absolute-here on Earth we live in the realm of the Relative..

Ravids

Jun 19, 2013
Fishersgate Maritime Village
Consider a realm where there is no matter, no time, no space, no physics, etc - a reality before the universe existed. Questions like "where" and "when" make no sense, they don't apply.

If God does exist, it does not have a beginning, or come from a place - as it preceded the existence of time and space.

But there is no evidence of any such thing, so why do people believe it? Science can't ever disprove God because he's "outside" of it or "above it". Convenient..

There are so many flaws in the belief systems of all religions, yet for some reason religion sticks around and is even growing in some places. It even has massive influence on modern and democratic political systems such as the United States, baffling.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I would love science to explain consciousness...

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
It maybe true or not, but most people would hope their spirit or whatever may go on in some form after their death. If you are an athiest you probably will be less happy in life.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
It maybe true or not, but most people would hope their spirit or whatever may go on in some form after their death. If you are an athiest you probably will be less happy in life.

I disagree, i believe you can be extremely happy and not believe,but perhaps a little less appreciative of many other things.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I've just done a MASSIVE dump down the pan, and it's not shifting, despite FOUR flushes.

I do NOT consider religion to be the cause of this problem, despite being a born again atheist.

Try mashing it up with your prayer book. The Lord helps those who help themselves.

Ravids

Jun 19, 2013
Fishersgate Maritime Village

Not true to be honest. Just because atheists aren't assured that they'll be taken up to heaven by a God when they die doesn't mean they have a more negative outlook on life than theists. Rchard Dawkins seems pretty happy with his life as does Ricky Gervais, both very vocal atheists.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
You whipping out the old god of the gaps argument?

"science doesn't know so it must be god lol"

The missing link maybe

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I personally don't understand how people cannot appreciate that everything was created and having been created we are all given free will to create and re create...

God does not judge,tell anybody what to do,send people to hell or heaven,but wants only for you what you want for you,in order for god to fully experience who and what he is through you and your greatest vision of who and what you are.

There is no right or wrong,only that that serves,given any situation the only question is,what would love do now?

I am now boring the crap out of myself,God (get it?) knows what i am doing to you lot......i had enough of this for a lifetime..

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I personally don't understand how people cannot appreciate that everything was created and having been created we are all given free will to create and re create...

God does not judge,tell anybody what to do,send people to hell or heaven,but wants only for you what you want for you,in order for god to fully experience who and what he is through you and your greatest vision of who and what you are.

There is no right or wrong,only that that serves,given any situation the only question is,what would love do now?

I am now boring the crap out of myself,God (get it?) knows what i am doing to you lot......i had enough of this for a lifetime..
Don't let some of the idiots get to you. You talk a lot of sence. For the record i'm a believer of intelligent design rather than an explosion out of nothing.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Don't let some of the idiots get to you. You talk a lot of sence. For the record i'm a believer of intelligent design rather than an explosion out of nothing.

some would say non-sense,still if trees are all they wish to see,it matters not if the wood exists or not.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
So just because we don't know you say God did it. God of the gaps again.

You should embrace the unknown, rather than be scared of it.

quite embrace God i dare you :lolol:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I would love science to explain consciousness...

i'd love theism to explain the presence of all those manifestations we call evil. thousands of years and no joy so far.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here