Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Religion is the cause of all problems...

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
It always was,always is and always will be-i'd prefer to exchange the word God with Life,if it makes life ezasier...

There is no end or beginning...

There wasn't always life, especially human life and human life will one day cease to exist too.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
So who created god then? Remember the rule, he cant come from nothing.

So, something can come from nothing then. Do you see the hypocrisy?

Rules and limitations,God or life asks of you to see in your very own statement,that pure creation can come from nothing,yes it would appear hypocritical of me,however remember,the world was flat 500 years ago,science showed that it was not,even before you ask,God will have answered..

I believe and you clearly do not,you will not convince me as i will not convince you...

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Rules and limitations,God or life asks of you to see in your very own statement,that pure creation can come from nothing,yes it would appear hypocritical of me,however remember,the world was flat 500 years ago,science showed that it was not,even before you ask,God will have answered..

I believe and you clearly do not,you will not convince me as i will not convince you...[/QUOTE

There lies the beauty of science, it adapts and changes as we make new discoveries, we can find evidence to prove or disprove previous ideas (falsification). Therein lies the problem with religion for me, it is inflexible to change with the world, what humans believed 2000 years ago does not fit with current society. Religion, the opium of the masses, time to let it go.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
So who created god then? Remember the rule, he cant come from nothing.

There wasn't always life, especially human life and human life will one day cease to exist too.

Agree life as we know it will cease,evolve,i suspect that humankind is not quite the limit for what creation has in store,for any of us,that however will take time,a lot of time,many planets,many times over,but as there are no limits there is no urgency,65 million years ago dinosaurs roamed the Earth,a mere blink of time in the grand scheme of things,knowing what has gone before on this Earth sort of takes away the insecurity of it all really.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Agree life as we know it will cease,evolve,i suspect that humankind is not quite the limit for what creation has in store,for any of us,that however will take time,a lot of time,many planets,many times over,but as there are no limits there is no urgency,65 million years ago dinosaurs roamed the Earth,a mere blink of time in the grand scheme of things,knowing what has gone before on this Earth sort of takes away the insecurity of it all really.

65 million years ago dinosaurs roamed the earth? Not according to religion.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
The problem with your thought experiments is that you are not considering that time is a construct of the physical universe as perceived by life. A deity would possibly exist in a timeless realm, so the concepts of "beginning" and "end" may not apply to it - it either is or it isn't, so perhaps in the case of God, it is and has always been.

You're so boring

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
There lies the beauty of science, it adapts and changes as we make new discoveries, we can find evidence to prove or disprove previous ideas (falsification). Therein lies the problem with religion for me, it is inflexible to change with the world, what humans believed 2000 years ago does not fit with current society. Religion, the opium of the masses, time to let it go.

I am not religious,i feel it has had it's time,however it could be argued that modern day problems have arisen from a lack of religion,religion is control,control is not what God asks of anything...

Personally i feel one day,were science given enough time it would have the answer and science would be staring back at it's self in sheer amazement...

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
The problem with your thought experiments is that you are not considering that time is a construct of the physical universe as perceived by life. A deity would possibly exist in a timeless realm, so the concepts of "beginning" and "end" may not apply to it - it either is or it isn't, so perhaps in the case of God, it is and has always been.

A deity lives in a timeless world? Oh come on, grow up. Im sorry to those that believe, it must offer the same comfort as a child believing in fairies or father Christmas but just think about what you are saying that there are mystical, magical men that live outside of all time and reality that control everything, seriously, its mental, literally mental.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I am not religious,i feel it has had it's time,however it could be argued that modern day problems have arisen from a lack of religion,religion is control,control is not what God asks of anything...

Personally i feel one day,were science given enough time it would have the answer and science would be staring back at it's self in sheer amazement...

Of course, science changes so rapidly that we laugh at our beliefs 100 or so years ago because of new discoveries, likewise I laugh at the beliefs of those things written in the bible many years ago because they were written at a different time and we (should) have moved on.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Of course, science changes so rapidly that we laugh at our beliefs 100 or so years ago because of new discoveries, likewise I laugh at the beliefs of those things written in the bible many years ago because they were written at a different time and we (should) have moved on.

We have moved on,we are entering a time where the masses are starting to think for themselves,ironically some will continue to leave it all to their current belief of ....chance.

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
Religion, the opium of the masses

People love to quote Marx, but in this case they usually fail to give the full quotation. Marx said: "Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people". Some translations give "sigh for a God in a godless world". And, indeed, when you think about it, what are the people supposed to believe in? Scientists, who will give them all answers to all important questions? Politicians, who will create heaven on earth for them? Is it very surprising that many of them would rather believe in God who loves them, despite their multitudinous faults, and sees all men as equal regardless of their wealth or poverty, skin colour, social status or knowledge? Is it so strange that they would rather believe in God who is loving and just, "God the unforgetting, the dear God who loves the people for whom he died naked, suffering shame"?

What Marx failed to see was that Christianity is the most revolutionary doctrine in the history of humanity, and the quickest and surest way to man's freedom and happiness.

Last edited:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Some would consider it mental people believing that the entire universe, the divinely specific laws of physics and complex life all randomly appeared out of nothing.

Theism seems a lot more rational than atheism to me, but of course that's just my opinion.

You mean the Moon just so happens to be there? The Earth's magnetic field just happens to be there and Jupiter just happens to be there too? Ingredients for life.. Science explains their purpose,evolution allowed the creation to take place.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Where did God come from?

God has a God you know..who has yet another God,now i could try to tell you how many Gods,but we would go on forever.

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
A deity lives in a timeless world? Oh come on, grow up. Im sorry to those that believe, it must offer the same comfort as a child believing in fairies or father Christmas but just think about what you are saying that there are mystical, magical men that live outside of all time and reality that control everything, seriously, its mental, literally mental.

Well, actually modern physics (the theory of strings, hyperspace, parallel universes) tells us that it is quite possible that there are spatial dimesions we are simply not able to see (10 spatial dimensions, not only 3) and that time had a beginning, so it is possible to imagine a universe where time doesn't exist. In Christian theology this reality without time is referred to as eternity, and God is indeed eternal--he created time and space and is Him/Herself outside it.

It has nothing to do with "magic" or "mysticism", it is not "mental"--one could easily show parallels between modern physics and Catholic theology, but the bottom line is, we don't know nearly enough to dismiss any of it as "mental". 100 years ago people might have dismissed the idea of the Internet or space flight as "mental".

Last edited:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Why did God create the world if he knew that he would flood it 800 years in due to people sinning?

Well as he created the world in 7 days he asks me to tell you,he was amazed it took that long..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here