Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Reimburse Albion fans at Luton

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
I can't go back that far, but I don't think Crumplin, Rust etc were multi millionaires. They had to get careers after football.
As far as I recall, fans aren't paid to be there, yet they are quickly criticised for being too quiet etc etc. Anyone with even a slight showing of frustration is ridiculed. Only those with 100% positive words are super fans, respect to you that won't have a bad word said.
I hadn't realised having to worship the players makes a super fan.
I was there during the depressing Goldstone & Gillingham days, players being paid peanuts.
The players were woeful tonight, those poor buggers that travelled and getting up for work tomorrow.
I don't recall saying I'd ask for a refund - the players saying not good enough, here's a token gesture for a few beers on us at the Amex.
Never said I was a super fan, just found it funny. Trench humour and all that. No offence meant.

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
Never said I was a super fan, just found it funny. Trench humour and all that. No offence meant
Cheers.👍
Some of the personal attacks make your eyes open wide. I should've read the terms & disclaimers in more detail.
Fingers crossed for Saturday.
I will keep hold of my bar receipts I'm case we lose. 😬

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I've seen clubs (well players) reimburse fans after woeful performance.
Tonight's game has been truly awful.
It would be a nice gesture if these millionaires were to reimburse those far more loyal than me the cost of their ticket and expenses.
An apology at the very least, they should be embarrassed.
The fans get behind the team week in week out, spending hard earned money, now to give something back!
Perhaps the bonding session should be somewhere the working man can afford next year.

Coat of Armor at the Ready. 🥊
Can they pay for my anti-virus after watching the illegal stream?

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Thanks. To be fair, going back to the Goldstone and Gillingam days, the thought never crossed my mind.
It is the crazy money it football, and fact working folk are struggling.
I guess I'm looking it into the context of affordability & don't accept the silly money these guys earn and there should be some giving back.
I've gone from the right to the left as I've got older and wiser.
Thanks for the comment. 👍
You don't have to go!! It's a game of football, there are no guarantees it's going to be what your expectations of a 'good game' is. I actually don't mind if we lose as long we give it a good go. No idea what happened tonight and I'm not suggesting we gave it a good go because it was a shambles. Going to matches is bloody expensive but it's a lottery of whether you're going to see a good game or a bad game, we haven't had a bad game like that for a long time. The players are actually humans, yes they'll get paid their stupid money win, lose or draw but they're probably just as p**sed off as what we are.
I'm saying this as someone who doesn't go to many matches as the cost is prohibitive,

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
We’ve got five loyalty points. That’s reward enough.
Fair point.
Respect to you that go home and away.
You don't have to go!! It's a game of football, there are no guarantees it's going to be what your expectations of a 'good game' is. I actually don't mind if we lose as long we give it a good go. No idea what happened tonight and I'm not suggesting we gave it a good go because it was a shambles. Going to matches is bloody expensive but it's a lottery of whether you're going to see a good game or a bad game, we haven't had a bad game like that for a long time. The players are actually humans, yes they'll get paid their stupid money win, lose or draw but they're probably just as p**sed off as what we are.
I'm saying this as someone who doesn't go to many matches as the cost is prohibitive,
Yep very expensive. I am lucky enough to afford it, but stopped as could not justify it. £125 for 3 of us to watch the ladies team for a season instead.
It all boils back down to the silly millions and fan base I see as being priced out, that's my issue, hence some giving back would be kind.
I know I'm in dreamland....

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
If ya reading this Dunky, peas buy all of the Albion attendees of tonight's capitulation a new motor.

Ya know it makes since...sorta fing!

Yours,

Paul Barber, OCP/OBE

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It would be a nice gesture if these millionaires were to reimburse those far more loyal than me the cost of their ticket and expenses.
The fans get behind the team week in week out, spending hard earned money, now to give something back!
Perhaps the bonding session should be somewhere the working man can afford next year.

:facepalm:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Grow up, and change your bedsheets too

mile oak

May 21, 2023
I heard this on the radio and I think the presenters were trying not to laugh always painful to pay out and the pain of travel and so on but we've all been there at some point some more than others thats football - the players dont try and lose a game!

EliasTaproot

Oct 31, 2022
Not Funny Lol GIF by WWE

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Far cough.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I heard this on the radio and I think the presenters were trying not to laugh always painful to pay out and the pain of travel and so on but we've all been there at some point some more than others thats football - the players dont try and lose a game!
I'm warming to you, with your sensible posts. Who expected that? ??? :wink:

I hope Luton fans don’t find this thread, they’ll collapse with laughter. Their team was really good tonight and given some of our current deficiencies and the open way we will play come what may, that we take beatings every now and then has to be factored in.

Every football fan wants an attacking manager but only a cohort of them walk the walk about what that might actually mean on occasions

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here