Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Reimburse Albion fans at Luton

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
So should we offer to pay double when we have an extremely good result?
It’s not about a ‘fan code of honour’ , it’s about being a grown up and taking the rough with the smooth.
I’d pay double if we beat Palace 5-0

just putting it out there.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Come on, people are just reacting to shock/stress, ridiculous to suggest that. Everyones entitled to their opinion, I said what the OP said earlier on the match thread, but since realise it is a bit daft, we all say stupid things when pissed off, but to suggest that is snobbery at it's finest and not looking at the bigger picture of our fans reactions tonight.
It's not snobbery from me.
This is just Albionlife.

Sure the parameters have changed but at our core this is us and if you don't understand that - well you know the rest!!!

Still at least we can bounce back on Saturday with our 1-1 game v palace.

Your a plumber, you screw up, you wipe some cash off the customers bill. This impacts ability to pay the mortgage if lucky enough to have one.
Fans in the scheme of things are paying customers to the club, it's commercial, all about the money. They've been delivered a shit service tonight. Here's a few beers lads, means sod all to me, it's small change.
I'd right a good review for a theatre if good and a bad review if bad, this is a bad review.
Maybe I'm looking at it too much from a finance angle. Wasted cash for those that went, but hey ho, my view and clearly not others.
Please no one else support my view point, I will take the arrows. 🤣
If only we all thought the same way in society.

Peace out....
No, keep your view, it's the whole point of a forum and I see where you are coming from and did agree earlier to realise that actually, we win some and lose some, sometimes, BADLY. Part of the product we pay for, but I wouldn't oppose the club reimbursing fans.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
So should we offer to pay double when we have an extremely good result?
It’s not about a ‘fan code of honour’ , it’s about being a grown up and taking the rough with the smooth.
No, obviously. You’re not making any sense. I’m merely saying the players could, as many players of many other clubs have done so before now, because they’re multi millionnaires and it would be a nice gesture. If you’re too ‘grown up’ ( :lolol: ) to accept then fair enough. I’m sure many others wouldn’t say no in the circumstances tonight. That is all.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
If I wanted a decent result every time I'd watch Marvel films (except the one where they all die before coming back to life).

Football can be great because sometimes it's really shit.
It’s therapeutic as well, knowing we are still somewhat the same old Albion, always ready to surprise, elate and depress you all within sometimes 90 minutes never mind a season.

im still immensely impressed with how the season has gone, still in two cups ok in the league, with all our injuries and jaded players playing out of position or even playing when they are not first choice.

happy Albion fan here

It's not snobbery from me.
This is just Albionlife.

Sure the parameters have changed but at our core this is us and if you don't understand that - well you know the rest!!!

Still at least we can bounce back on Saturday with our 1-1 game v palace.
I know it's Albionlife, it's why supporting us is such a rollercoaster and why my life is centred around BHA. I wouldn't change it for the world. 16+ years of this up and down fun, but to suggest that it means I am not an Albion fan for saying 'refund the fans', is bloody daft.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
That reminds me of when we lost 7-0 at Huddersfield. The motorways home had roadworks with lots of junctions closed. It took over 6 hours to get home. It happens.
That must've been really adding insult to injury. 🙁

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I've seen clubs (well players) reimburse fans after woeful performance.
Tonight's game has been truly awful.
It would be a nice gesture if these millionaires were to reimburse those far more loyal than me the cost of their ticket and expenses.
An apology at the very least, they should be embarrassed.
The fans get behind the team week in week out, spending hard earned money, now to give something back!
Perhaps the bonding session should be somewhere the working man can afford next year.

Coat of Armor at the Ready. 🥊
Hahaha yes it was dreadful. I’d prefer an off night in this glorious patch than a season of mediocre dross.

Write off tonight and win on Saturday.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I've seen clubs (well players) reimburse fans after woeful performance.
Tonight's game has been truly awful.
It would be a nice gesture if these millionaires were to reimburse those far more loyal than me the cost of their ticket and expenses.
An apology at the very least, they should be embarrassed.
The fans get behind the team week in week out, spending hard earned money, now to give something back!
Perhaps the bonding session should be somewhere the working man can afford next year.

Coat of Armor at the Ready. 🥊
You’re no @crodonilson

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know it's Albionlife, it's why supporting us is such a rollercoaster and why my life is centred around BHA. I wouldn't change it for the world. 16+ years of this up and down fun, but to suggest that it means I am not an Albion fan for saying 'refund the fans', is bloody daft.
We disagree - which obviously is fine.

I (and I'm sure you as well) would much rather have a response on Saturday over a token gesture tomorrow.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
What a load of shite.
We’re Brighton and Hove Albion ffs, reality checks needed.
My Jnr said something along the lines of 'We should be beating teams like Luton'. I kicked him up the bum, told him not to be so disrespectful to Luton, sent him to bed with no dinner & he'll be getting another stern talking to in the morning!! 😀

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
News at Ten breaking news just now:
"National Grid are to divert extra capacity to southern England tomorrow in response to an expected extra thousand more washer-dryers at home and in launderettes switching on."

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
No, keep your view, it's the whole point of a forum and I see where you are coming from and did agree earlier to realise that actually, we win some and lose some, sometimes, BADLY. Part of the product we pay for, but I wouldn't oppose the club reimbursing fans.
Thanks. To be fair, going back to the Goldstone and Gillingam days, the thought never crossed my mind.
It is the crazy money it football, and fact working folk are struggling.
I guess I'm looking it into the context of affordability & don't accept the silly money these guys earn and there should be some giving back.
I've gone from the right to the left as I've got older and wiser.
Thanks for the comment. 👍

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here