Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Redknapp

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
So what you got for us as you are dropping hints of your inside info all over the place?
Moyes in place at Man U, Martinez has now been confirmed at Everton, Wigan can finally announce the signing of Gus and we can unveil Redknapp?
God NO NO NO....if we want destruction then by all means bring in Redknapp...it's a matter of opinions ....but he would be the last club stripper on my list!

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Really can't bring myself to believe any of this Redknapp talk. Surely there is no way that Tony would bankroll him? Redknapp seems to be about as familiar with the niceties of FFP as I am with Angelina Jolie.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Redknapp always bangs on about budget, yet people want him here? Amusing

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
So some want Gus out for moaning about budgets but would like to see Redknapp here, come on.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Gus has always treated us as a stepping stone to greatness. He has been out bluffed by the master. I am pretty confident that harry has been sounded out for our job and now he,like Gus is doing the PR work to get himself out of his current job.

This is exactly what I dont like the underhand way managers go about engineering a move, be it Gus or Harry your swapping one for exactly the same. Whos to say when Harry gets the whiff of more money elsewhere midway through a season he wont be doing it again. Lets get someone who wants to build a reputation and grow with us is that to much to ask for.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Gus has always treated us as a stepping stone to greatness. He has been out bluffed by the master. I am pretty confident that harry has been sounded out for our job and now he,like Gus is doing the PR work to get himself out of his current job.

Harry Redknapp could retire if he wanted to. He wouldn't be Brighton manager because he wanted to, he'd be doing it to benefit himself and an easy life.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
This is exactly what I dont like the underhand way managers go about engineering a move, be it Gus or Harry your swapping one for exactly the same. Whos to say when Harry gets the whiff of more money elsewhere midway through a season he wont be doing it again. Lets get someone who wants to build a reputation and grow with us is that to much to ask for.

Sadly in today's football industry yes it is. Club's dump managers all the time, often with little reason other than a total panic.

Gus has shown us more loyalty than most managers, 6th longest serving mamager in English football. But no manager in today's game is going to be 100% loyal to a club when they know that clubs regular touch up other managers ahead of sacking the current one.

Until chairman start being more loyal I can't see managers doing so.

keithbeaky

Dec 26, 2011

Can you give me examples of Redknapp engineering a move?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Sadly in today's football industry yes it is. Club's dump managers all the time, often with little reason other than a total panic.

Gus has shown us more loyalty than most managers, 6th longest serving mamager in English football. But no manager in today's game is going to be 100% loyal to a club when they know that clubs regular touch up other managers ahead of sacking the current one.

Until chairman start being more loyal I can't see managers doing so.

Gus has NOT been loyal. He has been given every resource most managers can only dream of. And the clown has thrown it all away.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Harry Redknapp could retire if he wanted to. He wouldn't be Brighton manager because he wanted to, he'd be doing it to benefit himself and an easy life.

Surely the fact that he could retire now if he wanted to (and is very wealthy already) means that IF he wanted to come here, money would the least of his motivations?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here