Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Redknapp on TalkSport

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Even if Dawson, Walcott and Parker were never in Capellos final 23, surely it made sense to include them in the original 30, bearing in mind that Capello wouldn,t know beforehand if two or three of his first choice 23 may have been injured in the warm up games.

Seems a sensible decision to me, to include all those players in his original 30.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
These stories come out after every world cup squad is announced. They are inevitable as the media now have a week before there is any actual football to report on. Nothing stories.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Good to see that Redknapp is not bitter that Capello got the job over him. Can only hope that when Capello does call it a day Redknapp is nowhere near the position.

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008
Good to see that Redknapp is not bitter that Capello got the job over him. Can only hope that when Capello does call it a day Redknapp is nowhere near the position.

So do I, as a Spurs fan I hope we are his last job in football.. Great man, great manager.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
As for Redknapp...why would he make that up ? he's only reporting on what the Tottenham lads tell him.

Capello handled the squad naming terribly in my opinion.

Because he makes a lot of things up/lies/exaggerates etc. He is also openly bitter about the fact that Capello got the England job ahead of him and has been openly critical of him several times.

How exactly did Capello handle it terribly then? I presume you have a fairly in-depth, insider knowledge of how the entire process took place. Please share.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location

Indeed. Hopefully it will be Roy Hodgson rather than that crook.

How dare the FA think that Capello (7 league titles, 1 European Cup) is more qualified to run a national team than Redknapp (1 FA Cup) ? He has every right to be bitter.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I like the idea of a 30 being trimmed down to 23. It means the manager can "pick" Bent but not really pick him, and consequently have the excuse that he didn't impress in training and the warm-ups. This takes a little pressure off a manager if things don't go right during the tournament.

At the end of the day I'm happy with the 23. Given nthat 2 of the 7 rejected were Spurs players Harry's obviously going to have something to say, I just wish he'd said he knew Bent was shit all along.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Because he makes a lot of things up/lies/exaggerates etc. He is also openly bitter about the fact that Capello got the England job ahead of him and has been openly critical of him several times.

How exactly did Capello handle it terribly then? I presume you have a fairly in-depth, insider knowledge of how the entire process took place. Please share.

He phoned the players to tell them wether they were in or out is all i need to know about how the process was handled.

Didnt even have the decency to sit the 7 down he was leaving out and give them a reason why.
Common courtesy says to me you would do that.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
He phoned the players to tell them wether they were in or out is all i need to know about how the process was handled.

Didnt even have the decency to sit the 7 down he was leaving out and give them a reason why.
Common coutesy says to me you would do that.

The Ex pros that have been asked about it are all shocked with the way it was handled, Its not the most enjoyable of things to do but surely to get the respect you should do it face to face?

any way for those who are interested

BBC Sport - Football - In-depth interview - Harry Redknapp

Its the interview with Harry

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
So do I, as a Spurs fan I hope we are his last job in football.. Great man, great manager.

I think Spurs will be his last but one job, his last job being manager of HMP Wormwood Scrubs FC when they finally catch up with his dodgy dealings!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Having a rant in today's sun aswell. Why don't he just go away and concentrate on get Spurs through the exciting champions league qualifiers.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
All about opinions though isn't it MATE

No it's it not. He is clearly not a great man or a great manager.

Martin Luther King was a great man
Bill Shankley was a great manager

Being a two bob crook who has left every club he has ever managed in financial meltdown does not make you either of the above.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
What about when gazza was left out of the 1998 squad. Hoddle told him face to face rather than by phone and he then went off on one and wrecked the hotel room.

It's not the method but what you say that's important. I've been turned down for jobs face to face and via the telephone and some of the best feedback and guidance was received via the telephone.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
No it's it not. He is clearly not a great man or a great manager.

Martin Luther King was a great man
Bill Shankley was a great manager

Being a two bob crook who has left every club he has ever managed in financial meltdown does not make you either of the above.

Are you claiming that Harry Redknapp is not a combination of Martin Luther King and Bill Shankly?

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Are you claiming that Harry Redknapp is not a combination of Martin Luther King and Bill Shankly?

I am pointing out that the word 'great' is thrown around ridiculously. Those two men were 'Great'. Harry Redknapp isn't. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here