Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Redknapp on TalkSport

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
Interesting interview on TS this afternoon on the Adrian Dumbrain show?

H said he'd had feedback from the England training camp that Scotty Parker had been fantastic and the star performer in every training session?

H also said that despite this, Cappello hardly spoke to Parker the whole time he was with the squad, and it was obvious to everyone he was never in Cappello's plans?

Why bother picking him in the 30 in the first place then?

Appease the press?
:shrug:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I don't think that's something Capello would do.

But there will be a lot that goes on behind the scenes that we have no idea about it, so maybe it's true.

Wouldn't say I'd trust Redknapp too much either though!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Capello was raving about Adam Johnson but got rid of him as well

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Believe and Redknapp, two words you don't normally see in the same sentence.

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
Harry was surprised Theo didn't make the trip, thinks he's a class act.
No surprise in that I guess .... it was H that gave Walcott his full debut!

He felt Parker and Michael Dawson were both ignored by Cappello and said in his opinion Cappello knew from the start he wasn't going to play them, so why didn't he just have them back home on standby in case of injury to any of the squad?

He was also very dismissive of Emily Heskey and Darren Bent ... but no surprise there either!!

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Harry Redknapp is a notorious liar and was openly bitter in the press that Capello got the England job ahead of him.

Despite this, I think its important that we treat the views he expressed on Talksport as totally impartial.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Presumably he wants to sign Parker.

It's the Redknapp way.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I listened to Talksport this afternoon, Darren Gough and Adrian? Durham presenting. Awful.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Presumably he wants to sign Parker.

thats what im thinking, look forward to Spurs bidding for him this summer.

how would he know anyway?

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
He works for The Sun, what more do you expected but bullshit

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Durham is quite a bitter man.

Even if they were not in his plans I think he should of given Dawson and Parker a half each

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Even if they were not in his plans I think he should of given Dawson and Parker a half each

Why?

If they were not in his plans why waste match-time on them that he could use to assess players that were.

If they were genuinnely not in his plans, then why name 30 in the first place?

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
I listened to Talksport this afternoon, Darren Gough and Adrian? Durham presenting. Awful.

Darren Gough is just utterly awful. He is so dense full stop (he can hardly get an e-mail out without making some sort of reading mistake) and on top of that he knows zero about football either. H&J do what a waste of ink, Darren Gough is just what a waste of air time, sack the useless dullard and get Ray Houghton on there or someone else that can read and who knows something about football.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Darren Gough is just utterly awful. He is so dense full stop (he can hardly get an e-mail out without making some sort of reading mistake) and on top of that he knows zero about football either. H&J do what a waste of ink, Darren Gough is just what a waste of air time, sack the useless dullard and get Ray Houghton on there or someone else that can read and who knows something about football.

I seem to recall Gough played quite a good standard of football in his younger days. Certainly dosent make him an expert but noone less than you

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
As for Redknapp...why would he make that up ? he's only reporting on what the Tottenham lads tell him.

Capello handled the squad naming terribly in my opinion.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
I seem to recall Gough played quite a good standard of football in his younger days. Certainly dosent make him an expert but noone less than you

Or you.

But I can read e-mail's and text's though without stuttering and missing key words and not being able to read certain words at all, unlike Gough!

He is abysmal.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Why?

If they were not in his plans why waste match-time on them that he could use to assess players that were.

If they were genuinnely not in his plans, then why name 30 in the first place?

I think SWP made him change his mind during the camp and the Japan game, There is no reason that Dawson and Parker couldnt have done the same

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here