recovery

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

mangull

Aug 1, 2009
I have tried to forget, tried to be 'grown up', tried to think 'it's just a game', tried to be optimistic, tried to drink it out of my system, tried to talk it to death but I still can't come to terms with the disappointment of Tuesday night. Within 48 hours I can usually get over anything - including heartache, work problems, loss whatever - this feels different. I don't understand it. Incidentally I admit to being a 'plastic' as I have only been a season ticket holder since 1993. I wonder if I am alone in feeling this way? My missus thinks she's done something wrong, my dog knows I am depressed - any antidotes?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just get over it, shit happens and a lot worse as well. People live in poverty, walk miles just to get water, have no food and others died today and perhaps no-one expected it.

Put it into perspective it was only 90 minutes of football.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Yes. Memories of the opening game of the season v Doncaster, pint of beer with a bit of Station to Station in the background cured me. I work in Croydon and they just knew that one word out of turn would have made their work life hell....

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Within 48 hours I can usually get over anything - including heartache, work problems, loss whatever - this feels different.
:lol: you've never suffered loss or heartache if you've got over it in 2 days. We're 2 points off the lead in the Championship, and you're still upset? Our rivalry with Palace is good fun, adds spice to the season, but the season is so much more than 2 games.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
is this a windup ?????????

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I think you speak for the majority of us, quite honestly (Edit: or perhaps not then!). I think tomorrow's game will help in moving us on from how we feel - even if, God forbid, we get stuffed again. It's the ol' Last Result Syndrome turned up to unbearable levels innit? Stick with it though coz it'll pass; & before you know it we'll be up in Croydump looking to silence the gloating locals.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I have tried to forget, tried to be 'grown up', tried to think 'it's just a game', tried to be optimistic, tried to drink it out of my system, tried to talk it to death but I still can't come to terms with the disappointment of Tuesday night. Within 48 hours I can usually get over anything - including heartache, work problems, loss whatever - this feels different. I don't understand it. Incidentally I admit to being a 'plastic' as I have only been a season ticket holder since 1993. I wonder if I am alone in feeling this way? My missus thinks she's done something wrong, my dog knows I am depressed - any antidotes?

No.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Even Chocolate hasn't worked!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Is your universe really so small?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports