Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Recommended MP3 players..

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Admittedly the headphones that come with an iPod are cack. Get them replaced and sound quality is fine. Plus depends what you choose to rip your CDs at/download files at.

Yup, I would want to replace the headphones regardless.

My main issues were going to be durability and capacity and it does sound like iPod's do both.. I just didn't want the bastard dying on me in a year.

Mellotron, what do you usually rip CD's as? 192kbs?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yup, I would want to replace the headphones regardless.

My main issues were going to be durability and capacity and it does sound like iPod's do both.. I just didn't want the bastard dying on me in a year.

Mellotron, what do you usually rip CD's as? 192kbs?

I think unless you are an audiophile anything 192kbs and upwards is fine, you can do them at upto 320kbs if you're willing to wait the extra few minutes.

All music you download from iTunes store will automatically be 256kbs, and is DRM-free, meaning there's no copyright restrictions.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well I finally moved to an I Touch at the weekend and it is the dogs bollox.

If you want to buy my Samsung K5 feel free to bid on ebay.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Had my Creative Zen micro for 3 years and it's quality... would probably go for an IPOD next though

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
16gb for £160? Are you joking?

I'm sorry, the last thing I want is to start another pro/anti Apple binfest but you can't say the iPod isn't good value for money. For just £19 more you would get 114 EXTRA gb space.

you dont get DAB Radio built in though and that was a major selling point for me, that and the SDHC expansion which iPods dont have...and the better sound quality...I could go on but I wont ;)

Besides the way I look at it is this: for everytime I listen to my walkman I spend £1, so after 180ish plays it becomes Free! (not to mention savings on AAABatterys)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here