Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Recommend me a film please.... (ideally something from the last few years)

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I've just brought Pride and Glory from Amazon for 1p (I know!!!) quite looking forward to it because it's got Ed Norton and Jon Voight in it, and I think they're great actors. Even if it's shit it's only cost me a penny!!!!!

Almost did exactly the same after catching a bit of Price and Glory on TV the other evening. The only thing about scAmazon's 1p films is that it's usually an indicator that they're fairly shite.

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
In Bruges .
British gangster drama accompanied with some dark humour .

In Bruges.jpg

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Extra votes for:

Tinker, Tailor....
Four lions
District 9

loved Kickass too!

and Dave!

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Almost did exactly the same after catching a bit of Price and Glory on TV the other evening. The only thing about scAmazon's 1p films is that it's usually an indicator that they're fairly shite.

To be fair, I also ordered The Diving Bell and The Butterfly for the mrs, which was an EXCELLENT film, and I managed to get that for a penny pre owned too!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
To be fair, I also ordered The Diving Bell and The Butterfly for the mrs, which was an EXCELLENT film, and I managed to get that for a penny pre owned too!

Yeah, fair enough. You really can't go wrong picking up films for £1.27 delivered! (usually zoverstocks)

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
A few independents I picked up in the £3 shelf at Tescos. All very good for what they are.
Stakeland (post apocalyptic road movie , with daywalking hillbilly vampires as the main threat)
Ironclad ( brutal medieval siege drama)
Dead Heads (comedic movie about two guys trying to locate an engagement ring ,who happen to be zombies)
Versus( Japanese gangster, martial arts , samurai , time travel ,zombie , vampire flick)
Troll Hunter (norwegian, just what it says on the tin)
Dead Snow (resurected zombie Nazi soldiers cause havoc around modern day Norway)

Ones I have my eye , but not seen
Juan of the Dead ....comedy Cubans in Miami zombie film.
The Squad .......Columbian military come across dark experiments whilst on manouveres ............er zombies again
War of The Dead WW11 , ......you guessed it ...............zombies with machine guns .

I did not realise until I wrote this list how shallow my movie viewing is .............clearly going through my zombie period right now.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
The Guard

Seconded (if it's the same film...Irish copper, small village, drug bust, FBI, that one?).

Watched it on lovefilm the other night. Never heard of it before but it had a reasonable review and there was nowt on telly so gave it a go. Well worth a watch.

Watched Mr Nice shortly after as well and that was watch-able too.

Even as a bit of a Kevin Smith fanboy I have to say that film is a bit weak.

Maybe because you're a KS fanboy you thought it was weak. It's a huge departure from his other work. Not full of cock jokes and drug references. It still has sharp dialogue and the performances from Michael Parks and John Goodman are superb. I found it thought provoking to say the least.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here