Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Recollections of past games against Cardiff?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Related contingency so you won't be allowed to have that double.
The price would be nearer half that I'd guess.

I thought someone would say something like that. I was too lazy to look up the bet properly.

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
Winning 2-0 in the last season at The Goldstone then watching 150 Welsh bully boys getting legged by BHA across Hove Park ( they were on the bully all day even smashed up a couple of pubs)

Jan 30, 2008
My stand out memory of playing Cardiff was way back in the day and I struggle to even remember who scored (Maybank maybe?) a number of goals in a 5-0 win at the Goldstone. We were 3-0 up at half time and believe and the Cardiff right back was substituted late in the half. Some of these facts could be wrong as it was a long time ago, but it's how I remember it.

There was also the famous Taffy quote along the lines of "The Cardiff juggernaut is coming to town and we are not coming for a poxy point" game when they were our arch rivals as we rose through the divisions under Adams,Taylor and Coppell. I believe we also won that game.

What others?
fire works thrown into the away pen , the days before soul crew evolved :clap:
regards
DR

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I remember a home 5-3 defeat. Softened by a couple of late goals.

I've only been there once. For a 3-0 defeat in the early 90s. Twas bonfire night. Many concerns for safety.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
:tantrum: it would have been a one sided account obviously
regards
DR
The reviewer was a Cardiff fan who is saying it should have been covered but wasn't.

It's almost as if one of your identikit baseball-hatted firm chums has told you a lie to impress you, but you haven't read it yourself. ???

Jan 30, 2008
the reviewer was a cardiff fan who is saying it should have been covered but wasn't.

It's almost as if one of your identikit baseball-hatted firm chums has told you a lie to impress you, but you haven't read it yourself. ???

i don't read books about it :thumbsup:
regards
DR

el punal

Does away count. My worst away fixture back in the days of 'hooliganism' was at Cardiff. Left alone to fend for ourselves post match, the 'run' from ground to train station was horrendous. No police anywhere. Pretty certain it involved a tunnel as well.
I remember going there in the 1977/78 season, in the old Division 2. We lost 1-0. Horrible dump, horrible fans, horrible day. Two Cardiff tw*ts decided to have a piss right next to my girlfriend. When we left Ninian Park the locals' modus operandi would be to top your ankles in order to get a response. Needless to say an English accented "WTF do you think you're doing!" reply would light the blue touch paper. I seem to remember that "tunnel" too.

On a brighter note, after we beat Port Vale in the final game of 2001/02, we stopped off at Corley services on the M6. A bunch of Cardiff fans came over to have a chat and congratulated us on being Champions. I prefer that occasion as my abiding memory of Cardiff City.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
2000/01 BHA and Cardiff going for promotion, at home, Albion 1-0 scorer: Zamora (NSC sponsored game)
2001/02 BHA and Cardiff going for promotion, at home, Albion 1-0 scorer: Zamora
and of course:
2015/16 BHA and Cardiff going for promotion, at home, Albion 1-0 scorer: Zamora
Yes, that would be most acceptable!

(although a repeat scoreline of Teddy Maybank's finest hour would be even better!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here