Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Recent Violent and Sexual Crimes

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Anybody else noticing a steady rise in Violent and Sexual crimes in and around Sussex?

Seems to be happening now far more often than in recent years.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Its not just Sussex.
A young man was kicked to death in a quiet N Hampshire market town yesterday, in a dispute over £50.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Same as everywhere, we're letting people into the country with no idea of their past history and as per the poor girl in London's case we don't want them here

Not just Sussex - seems to be happening everywhere.

I guess I only mentioned Sussex as I read The Argus:lol: Online every day and seem to see at least 2-3 sexual crimes and many more violent crimes ever week.
Just seems rife at the moment.

We need Batman.

:shrug:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Same as everywhere, we're letting people into the country with no idea of their past history and as per the poor girl in London's case we don't want them here

I hadn't realised Jimmy Savile was a foreigner, you learn something every day

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Don't be lazy, use your fingers.

No, I'd be interested in your source as well.

When you say 1 in 4 prisoners are foreigners...... were these "foreigners" actually born abroad? 1 in 4 is a hell of a lot.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Would be interesting to see if every summer this happens, or it could be a bi-product of this indian summer, with people staying out longer?

That's what I wondered at first -- is it seasonal? But if you scroll down on the link, you can see that it didn't happen last summer, which was also a hot one, so there's definitely something going on (could just be a change in the way the police are recording crimes, of course...)

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
No, I'd be interested in your source as well.

When you say 1 in 4 prisoners are foreigners...... were these "foreigners" actually born abroad? 1 in 4 is a hell of a lot.

The most recent figure I could find, was a Government statistic, of 10725, on March 31 2013. Thats about 13 %, if you include illegal immigrants waiting for deportation, it goes up to about 20%, but the majority of these are held in deportation centres, and most cannot be classed as criminals, as they are appealing their immigration status. Even the Daily Mail broadly agrees with these figures, so they must be right

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here