Reasons Worthing is a great place to live

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Unfined Danish 7 hopped Pilsners @ £5.00 a half ?

I guessed Worthing is cheaper but not this cheap. This is very reasonable.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Egremont is back open and decent boozer too. On a Saturday when we are away you'll see Richard Reynolds propping up the bar

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The Selden Arms is a decent pub, some real good ales. I think it was in the Camra pub guide not so long ago as being the best in worthing or something like that.

Living just around the corner from the Brooksteed, one of lifes treats is popping into the italian deli for coffee..the Pantry for a huge sausage roll and cakes for the family, a 2 pint takeaway of whatevers on at brooksteed. Then if im not tired after all that lot..a short back and sides at fellas then a game at woodside road. I know, I certainly live the high life!

The Pantry is Worthings best kept secret. Absolutely incredible. If I'm working from home I'll always pop in for the nicest sandwich you'll ever have & a chocolate crossaint

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
It's a shame the Worthing Pier Talent show isn't still around! No one could accuse Worthing of being boring if it was!

I'm fairly confident a few from NSC will have been in attendance...anyone care to own up to performing?

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...lets-fly-with-missiles-and-abuse-1373597.html

And for the full visual experience:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOb7LMT6Vho

What a show!

Great shit day here in Perth 41,bloody hot but that made me laugh. Who would have thought Worthing could be so much fun.No chance of Worthing getting Perth's Dullsville tag.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That would be the owner, Michelle.

She's as mad as a box of frogs but still serves probably the best ale in Worthing.

She wasnt the owner when I last went in there 2010 obviously changed hands now. The food was very good then and the landlord, cant remember his name, kept his beer well. You will never beat The Clifton for BHA supporters, great atmosphere and cross section of drinkers of all ages from the public bar through to the Saloon.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I'd love to know how Michelle would react to being described as an old lady !!

Shall I grass him up tomorrow ? No, even I'm not that cruel. Veg is quite fond of his testicles.

Last edited:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Same person yes. Nice bloke

Great beer selection in the Libertine at the mo. Curious Brew, Fying Dog Easy IPA, Brewdog Jackhammer, Fubar by Tiny Rebel all on tap last week.

Chef is back next week food is pretty good too. Not tried burgers yet though.

Corner House is good for a beer and meant to be good food too.

I live round the corner from the John Selden but not been! Need to fix that by sound of it

Do you know why The Libertine has been shut this week ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
She wasnt the owner when I last went in there 2010 obviously changed hands now. The food was very good then and the landlord, cant remember his name, kept his beer well. You will never beat The Clifton for BHA supporters, great atmosphere and cross section of drinkers of all ages from the public bar through to the Saloon.

She's been the owner over ten years BG but she isn't old.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Do you know why The Libertine has been shut this week ?

Not sure, i was in there during the day NYE and they said their chef was off till 11th Jan not sure if they've decided to close for a week. They are quite focussed on staff training, brewery visits etc

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Think The Goose has been shut too

Both are open from tomorrow.

The Goose has an agreement with the excellent Fiordlatte for pizza delivery into the goose which is a result too !

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Shall I grass him up tomorrow ? No, even I'm not that cruel. Veg is quite fond of his testicles.

Not me guv, Bens Grandad said it.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Not me guv, Bens Grandad said it.

My apologies Veg it was in fact Pickles who said it. Your tesicle will remain intact. Pickles doesn't go in there anyway so he's ok.
The toilets are looking more and more like an LSD trip when you go in. Orange, lime green and butterflies everywhere.........fantastic.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
She's been the owner over ten years BG but she isn't old.

She wasnt the owner when my mum died in 2010 unless she is the wife of the then landlord but cant remember his name. It was 2 male firends from The George who had it and 1 of them pulled out. We had mums wake in there October 2010 that is the last time I went in there.

ps.
Son has just told me his name was Pete Wilson.

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
She wasnt the owner when my mum died in 2010 unless she is the wife of the then landlord but cant remember his name. It was 2 male firends from The George who had it and 1 of them pulled out. We had mums wake in there October 2010 that is the last time I went in there.

ps.
Son has just told me his name was Pete Wilson.

I think we are at crossed purposes here BG. Micky and Pete had the Hare and Hounds before Micky went to the George and Dragon at Tarring. I have been talking about the Seldon Arms. Michele has been there with Bob for well over 10 years.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I think we are at crossed purposes here BG. Micky and Pete had the Hare and Hounds before Micky went to the George and Dragon at Tarring. I have been talking about the Seldon Arms. Michele has been there with Bob for well over 10 years.

It's getting a bit busy down here Maureen love.......

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Sorry my mistake. I wouldnt know who is the boss in The Selden only ever been in there the one time.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Ah Worthing!! Where I grew up in the 60s and early 70s before a family move away to Kent, never to return part from the odd nostalgia trip. Fond memories!! Must get back in the Spring.

I grew up in Worthing from the mid '50s to the early '70s. Good place to grow up. At the very beginning of the 1970s (70-72) I can remember that the two places to go where you could get Younger's Tartan or Newcastle Brown were the Thieves Kitchen and the bar in the basement of the hotel on the east side of Steyne Gardens. This was in the days before real ale when the staple diet was Watneys Red Barrel or Worthington E.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports