Reasons why PALACE are going to Wembley

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dancing Sock

Dec 8, 2012
Brighton
I agree with WW. As much as I love how everyone on here seems to think we're already in the premier league next season, let's not forget what monstrous task we have to do first in beating Palace (preferably twice over the course of a weekend) and then go the final and beat a fired up Watford side who only just missed out on a promotion spot and probably feel they most deserve it out of the four, or a Leicester side who will be incredibly tough to beat too.

Palace will be so f*cking tough, it won't be easy at all, in fact I think we'll lose Friday, meaning we HAVE to win in the reverse fixture which means we won't win, as if we're put in a situation where we HAVE to win, like any side I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't.

Obviously everyone wants to see us go up but sitting here, right now and looking at it from all angles I just can't see it happening, even if it does I will still be doubting it even happened, it would be immense, like a dream.

Bring it on though, I'll be cheering the lads on and hoping for the best.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5684634 said:
21183934.jpg

Very much THIS!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I see what you're doing here WW. and I like it. I like it a LOT.

BUT. What exactly does Spanish Dave do? :thumbsup:

Blimey WW how many have you caught! :lolol: I was waiting for you to do one of these after your Charlton and Spanish Dave threads!

I have more confidence of us going to Wembly now! :albion2:

I thought this was more blatantly obvious than previous efforts.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I've had enough of this. See you next Tuesday.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
- Their squad in the main is the same one that narrowly missed out on the Carling Cup Final last year. They'll be bang up for it. Remember how we laughed?
- Their squad will also be out to get revenge after the 3-0. They'll know how much it hurts, they've seen how much it ballsed up their season - they'll want to put it right.
- Glenn. It's going to happen isn't it? FFSMurray.
- Holloway. Great experience in the lottery of the play-offs.
- Zaha. He'll want to go out with a bang, silence the press and grab a bit of attention before his big money summer move.
- Prior to this season, the last time we beat Palace in 2005 we duly went and lost to them a few weeks later. We barely had a month to enjoy the victory. Lightning to strike twice?
- Overconfidence. Some people on here seem to think we're guaranteed to win simply because we dicked them a few weeks back. It doesn't work like that - let's hope the players aren't as cocky.
- Glad Ulloa and all the gloating after the 3-0. It's blatantly going to bite us on the arse isn't it?
- Penalties. Apart from Dave, we're shit at them.
- Fail to get a result on Friday and we're in big trouble. We know how hard we find it to break down teams that sit back. And how many games has it been since we turned a game around having fallen behind?

Anyone else feeling negative ahead of this, the big one? Really hope I'm wrong...

You know what, I kind of like this post. Sounds like understandable nerves from fan rather than the usual 'x is an EMBARRASSMENT, it's a DISGRACE, what a JOKE' trolling shite we usually hear. Particularly the bit in bold.

Growing up a bit WW?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
- Their squad in the main is the same one that narrowly missed out on the Carling Cup Final last year. They'll be bang up for it. Remember how we laughed?
- Their squad will also be out to get revenge after the 3-0. They'll know how much it hurts, they've seen how much it ballsed up their season - they'll want to put it right.
I agree with this - it's going to be tough

Has he though? He's won one and lost one - is that great? Our squad has greater experience of big games, that will surely cancel out any advantage there.

- Zaha. He'll want to go out with a bang, silence the press and grab a bit of attention before his big money summer move.

Hmm .... Palace fans seem to think that, in his mind, he's already at Old Trafford

- Prior to this season, the last time we beat Palace in 2005 we duly went and lost to them a few weeks later. We barely had a month to enjoy the victory. Lightning to strike twice?
This is true but we're a much better side then we are now and besides, that season we finished 3-3, not exactly a thrashing

- Overconfidence. Some people on here seem to think we're guaranteed to win simply because we dicked them a few weeks back. It doesn't work like that - let's hope the players aren't as cocky.
I agree the fans are but I'm sure the players will not be complacent against a team who finished a whole one place below us

This is bollocks. We have an excellent record in penalty shoot-outs - when was the last time we lost one? That's not to say we're going to this time BTW as they're a lottery, but we're scarcely 'shit' at them.

- Fail to get a result on Friday and we're in big trouble. We know how hard we find it to break down teams that sit back. And how many games has it been since we turned a game around having fallen behind?

Palace haven't really got a team that's designed to park the bus. They have a good midfield, wingers who can hurt us (if they're on their game), a 30-goal striker and a decent goalie - they don't have a great defence though. I'm not sure they'd be too confident of keeping clean sheets against us and, to be fair to Holloway, his teams don't tend to play that way

Anyone else feeling negative ahead of this, the big one? Really hope I'm wrong...

I'm not over-confident but I still think we're favourites for a reason. Play-offs are a bit of lottery but I see no reason for such negativity

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
The only reason that Palace will be going to Wembley on the 27th May is to cheer us on in the play off final :p

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
- Glad Ulloa and all the gloating after the 3-0. It's blatantly going to bite us on the arse isn't it?

Quite ironic that your initials stand for "Win Win" isn't it?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Let's face it , Fridays going to be shit.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Palace are a good side. Any team with a front line of Zaha, Bolasie, Williams and Murray with Jedinak behind them doing all the leg work needs to be watched out for. Let's not forget they still finished 5th despite that end of season slump which shows how well they played at the beginning of the season. Won't be easy at all.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

my god ,what a spectacular tower of donkey stool you are.........if you have these morbid thoughts , why dont you just sit on a shotgun and de- bowel yourself ??...........bell-end....:tosser:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports