Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reasons why I'm voting for UKIP

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
according to people on here its on purpose so they will split the tory vote in the general election. and they say UKIP voters are loons!

Strange that none of the usual protagonists mentioned that BEFORE the results started rolling in.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
No, they should stay in the first country they come to that offers asylum, just why do you suppose they don't claim asylum in France ?

A few quick questions:

1. What percentage of the world's asylum seekers do you think live in a country bordering the one they left?

2. What percentage of the world's refugee population do you imagine lives in the UK?

3. Are asylum claims in the UK rising or falling?

4. Who receives more asylum claims- France or England?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Best thing to do with idiots is give them a platform to prove they are idiots. A platform, mind, not power.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
According to this>>>> http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SM.POP.REFG/countries

France accepts more refugees seeking asylum than we do...

Personally I don't care about UKIP. Like most political parties, people may identify with bits and pieces of their policies, but when it comes down to it, the actual party figures are no more capable of running things than anyone else.

As for being a member of the EU. Suits me, I work in Europe and visit the mainland regularly. Plus I get to see my relatives who are not from the UK. All without having to apply for visas or go through a protracted process.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
A few quick questions:

1. What percentage of the world's asylum seekers do you think live in a country bordering the one they left?

2. What percentage of the world's refugee population do you imagine lives in the UK?

3. Are asylum claims in the UK rising or falling?

4. Who receives more asylum claims- France or England?

1. I neither know nor care, how does that have any bearing on the point I made ?

2. I don't know or care it has no bearing on the situation HERE.

3. I presume they are falling , you wouldn't have asked the question otherwise, there are still too many bogus ones, a case in point being the african who lived in my block of flats in London , who went back to the country he was claiming asylum from 3 times a sodding year.

4. I genuinely couldn't give a toss , it's what happens HERE that concerns me, though as above I'll presume its France or you wouldn't have asked, why are there thousands camping out at Calais trying to get here instead of claiming asylum ? I'll tell you why, because our handouts are more generous.

Only a gullible well meaning fool like you would have bothered to ask these questions,your naivete presumes I will give answers which you will ' cleverly ' expose as being full of hearsay and unsubstantiated rumour.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
1. I neither know nor care, how does that have any bearing on the point I made ?

2. I don't know or care it has no bearing on the situation HERE.

3. I presume they are falling , you wouldn't have asked the question otherwise, there are still too many bogus ones, a case in point being the african who lived in my block of flats in London , who went back to the country he was claiming asylum from 3 times a sodding year.

4. I genuinely couldn't give a toss , it's what happens HERE that concerns me, though as above I'll presume its France or you wouldn't have asked, why are there thousands camping out at Calais trying to get here instead of claiming asylum ? I'll tell you why, because our handouts are more generous.

Only a gullible well meaning fool like you would have bothered to ask these questions,your naivete presumes I will give answers which you will ' cleverly ' expose as being full of hearsay and unsubstantiated rumour.

No, I didn't presume they you would give answers because it's patently clear that you've got no idea what you're talking about. Your views are based on hearsay, unsubstantiated rumour and your own observations.

The facts don't back you up though.

You said, "No, they should stay in the first country they come to that offers asylum."

My first question alluded to the fact that they do yet you say that has no bearing on your point and you don't care.

You went on to ask, "just why do you suppose they don't claim asylum in France?"

My 4th question hinted at the fact that they do (by a significant amount). Again, you failed to see the relevance.

I understand your concern for what happens on your doorstep but the fact that you can't see the bigger picture makes you come across as absolutely clueless.

Regards,

A gullible, well-meaning fool x

Jan 30, 2008
According to this>>>> http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SM.POP.REFG/countries

France accepts more refugees seeking asylum than we do...

Personally I don't care about UKIP. Like most political parties, people may identify with bits and pieces of their policies, but when it comes down to it, the actual party figures are no more capable of running things than anyone else.

As for being a member of the EU. Suits me, I work in Europe and visit the mainland regularly. Plus I get to see my relatives who are not from the UK. All without having to apply for visas or go through a protracted process.
ME, ME ,ME ,see it for the broader picture eh :facepalm:
PS France borders with several countries
regards
DR

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
It's not a disgrace to argue what you believe in and try your best to warn people about what really is at the heart of UKIP, I am passionately anti-discrimination and make no apology for trying to warn people about what handing power to UKIP would really mean. Have we failed? Time will tell, as it stands they've got some local council seats, no great harm done. It's down to the rest of us to continue to try and expose the true nature of UKIP.
Passionately anti discrimination eh ? Very laudable I'm sure, do your convictions get tested much in shoreham ? Large immigrant population using public services for you to get all self congratulatory about when you dont feel the need to complain about it is there ?

Jan 30, 2008
Has it? You wait for the next few months. UKIP have gained zero power, they have gained some presence as everyone predicted. I also predict they will make that presence felt with a ceaseless string of bigoted gaffs and foul ups that would make Prince Phillip wince.
NOT AS MUCH AS THE CRAP YOU'VE POSTED THERE, are you so STUPID to think it was going to go tit's up for UKIP yesterday, clearly soooooooooooooooooooo out of touch :wink:
regards
DR

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
No, I didn't presume they you would give answers because it's patently clear that you've got no idea what you're talking about. Your views are based on hearsay, unsubstantiated rumour and your own observations.

The facts don't back you up though.

You said, "No, they should stay in the first country they come to that offers asylum."

My first question alluded to the fact that they do yet you say that has no bearing on your point and you don't care.

You went on to ask, "just why do you suppose they don't claim asylum in France?"

My 4th question hinted at the fact that they do (by a significant amount). Again, you failed to see the relevance.

I understand your concern for what happens on your doorstep but the fact that you can't see the bigger picture makes you come across as absolutely clueless.

Regards,

A gullible, well-meaning fool x
you fail to understand that I don't CARE about ANY of the points you made , I don't care a jot if 99.9% of the worlds refugees claim asylum in a country bordering their own,its the ones that come through umpteen countries to get here that concern me, I don't CARE if France accepts more refugees than us, its the ones at Calais waiting to try and get here that concern me , that is the point I'm making when I labelled you as a gullible well meaning fool , only someone like that would present these arguments and expect me to give a toss.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Passionately anti discrimination eh ? Very laudable I'm sure, do your convictions get tested much in shoreham ? Large immigrant population using public services for you to get all self congratulatory about when you dont feel the need to complain about it is there ?

Says Haywards Heath man.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
NOT AS MUCH AS THE CRAP YOU'VE POSTED THERE, are you so STUPID to think it was going to go tit's up for UKIP yesterday, clearly soooooooooooooooooooo out of touch :wink:
regards
DR

If you could understand anything anyone wrote, which I doubt, you would have noticed that I predicted they would get seats. Most people did. Because we understand that unfortunately, this fair isle is littered with people who "think" as you do. But nice try PPF.

Jan 30, 2008
don't waste your breath bushy , leafy Sussex types and all that it. they sound so comfortable in their cotton wool world, incredible really, i'm sure they would change their tune if they had to swap places for a week or two in a more lively environment shall we say :)
regards
DR

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
you fail to understand that I don't CARE about ANY of the points you made , I don't care a jot if 99.9% of the worlds refugees claim asylum in a country bordering their own,its the ones that come through umpteen countries to get here that concern me, I don't CARE if France accepts more refugees than us, its the ones at Calais waiting to try and get here that concern me , that is the point I'm making when I labelled you as a gullible well meaning fool , only someone like that would present these arguments and expect me to give a toss.

His points were answering your concerns you dolt. Christ, this country. You people.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

Yes, passionately.

Tested, why would they be? But for the record I work in Brighton and London and speak with immigrants on a daily basis, in the shops I visit, cleaning toilets in our building and those working next to me in the office. All working hard to better themselves and make this a better country as they have every right to do.

I'm not self congratulatory about anything. I just don't see the difference between people who by accident of birth are British, and those who are not.

Jan 30, 2008
if you could understand anything anyone wrote, which i doubt, you would have noticed that i predicted they would get seats. Most people did. Because we understand that unfortunately, this fair isle is littered with people who "think" as you do. But nice try ppf.
more spin than a Hotpoint washing machine nibble, don't underestimate people's feelings !!!
regards
DR

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
more spin than a Hotpoint washing machine nibble, don't underestimate people's feelings !!!
regards
DR

Absolute waffle. As usual. I'll leave you and your chum Bushy from Haywards Heath to discuss just what is to be done with this country. Give the grown ups a shout when you're ready to play nicely.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
don't waste your breath bushy , leafy Sussex types and all that it. they sound so comfortable in their cotton wool world, incredible really, i'm sure they would change their tune if they had to swap places for a week or two in a more lively environment shall we say :)
regards
DR

So your bigotry now extends to prohibiting views of those who don't live in a 'lively environment'. For the record, I guarantee you my tune wouldn't change wherever I live.

D

Deleted member 22389

So your bigotry now extends to prohibiting views of those who don't live in a 'lively environment'. For the record, I guarantee you my tune wouldn't change wherever I live.

I think your experience is not like their experience. I think this is where a lot of the arguments stem from, because there are different degrees of multiculturism in this country. Some areas just have Eastern Europeans, Some areas are just Asian, some areas have both and / or a mixture of other cultures.

I should imagine their experience is something like the link below I have posted. This goes a long way to the sort area I used to live in too. It's honest at least.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/9831912/I-feel-like-a-stranger-where-I-live.html

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Yes, passionately.

Tested, why would they be?
But for the record I work in Brighton and London and speak with immigrants on a daily basis, in the shops I visit, cleaning toilets in our building and those working next to me in the office. All working hard to better themselves and make this a better country as they have every right to do.

I'm not self congratulatory about anything. I just don't see the difference between people who by accident of birth are British, and those who are not.
Exactly, they're not.
So you ' speak with immigrants ' on a daily basis , wow , I didn't realise you were at the sharp end of the immigration question, must be a relief to get back to Shoreham eh ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here