Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reasons why I'm voting for UKIP

Jan 30, 2008
BUILD SOME MORE F****** HOUSES, HOSPITALS & PRISONS. HOW F****** HARD IS THAT?

Apologies for shouting but it's not like this is a new problem is it. When did the majority of the Poles come over here? It's getting on for 10 years ago and we are stuck having the same stupid debate.
it's not all about the poles though is it, look at the scumbags trying to get in at Calais for starters i know it's a small number but they've been at it for years now , what's the big attraction ,TELL ME FFS !!! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:
regards
DR

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
it's not all about the poles though is it, look at the scumbags trying to get in at Calais for starters i know it's a small number but they've been at it for years now , what's the big attraction ,TELL ME FFS !!! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:
regards
DR

They're afghans and Iraqis I suspect. Probably got tired of people trying to murder them at home.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
They're afghans and Iraqis I suspect. Probably got tired of people trying to murder them at home.

Yeah, the scumbags. What's the big attraction of not getting murdered? Perhaps as we told them we were there to liberate them, they assumed they'd be welcome over here. Idiots.

D

Deleted member 22389

Syrians I think, and have been offered Asylum in France but don't want it. That is the problem we have now. We saw the bloke on TV, he will do anything to get to the UK. He is just one of millions. Illegal Immigration to the EU is a big problem now. It's just going to get worse not better.

http://www.thelocal.fr/20140522/french-authorities-demolish-calais-migrant-camps

Up to 850 migrants are believed to be living in Calais at present with as many as 650 at the port alone. The port attracts scores of migrants hoping to smuggle themselves across the Channel to the UK, which some see as having a more generous policy toward refugees.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
May be someone could explain why immigration numbers from the EU are up again.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...-by-43000-in-boost-to-Ukip.html#disqus_thread

To be fair you are looking at the wrong numbers; net migration creates the sense of equivalence, these are much more relevant:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...le/313401/nino-analytical-report-may-2014.pdf

Headline Figures:

 The total number of NINo registrations to adult overseas nationals in 2013/14 was 603 thousand, an increase of 40 thousand (7%) on the previous year.
 Within the European Union (EU) - The number of NINo registrations from EU nationals in 2013/14 was 439 thousand, an increase of 54 thousand (14%) on the previous year.
 The number of NINo registrations to adult overseas nationals from EU2 nationals (Bulgaria and Romania) in 2013/14 was 65 thousand, an increase of 36 thousand (129%) on the previous year
 Rest of the world - The number of NINo registrations to adult
overseas nationals from outside the EU in 2013/14 was 162 thousand, a decrease of 14 thousand (8%) on the previous year.

We cannot simply build houses and infrastructure on this scale, these numbers indicate a City the size of Glasgow needs to be built each year................when Nigel referred to Romanians living 10 to a house he may have been under estimating the numbers.

Jan 30, 2008
Syrians I think, and have been offered Asylum in France but don't want it. That is the problem we have now. We saw the bloke on TV, he will do anything to get to the UK. He is just one of millions. Illegal Immigration to the EU is a big problem now. It's just going to get worse not better.

http://www.thelocal.fr/20140522/french-authorities-demolish-calais-migrant-camps

Up to 850 migrants are believed to be living in Calais at present with as many as 650 at the port alone. The port attracts scores of migrants hoping to smuggle themselves across the Channel to the UK, which some see as having a more generous policy toward refugees.
sickening to say the least , GOT TO FEEL FOR THE LORRY DRIVERS HAVING TO RUN THE GAUNTLET :nono:
regards
DR

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
According to the government figures that Albumen posted the largest contributor is births vs deaths now.

He was correct but immigrants still produce a requirement of a city nearly half the size of B&H each year to be built just to keep pace with the people coming in.

From ONS -"The population increase of the UK in the year to 30 June 2012 was caused by there being 254,400 more births than deaths (61% of the increase) and 165,600 more international migrants arriving than emigrants leaving (39% of the increase)."

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Blimey, that must have changed very recently then......I will have a dig.

It was and your overall point remains valid.

We need to build more houses in this country. However, the demand for new houses is mainly a London and South East thing. Our unbalanced economy is a massive problem for us at the moment.

D

Deleted member 22389

He was correct but immigrants still produce a requirement of a city nearly half the size of B&H each year to be built just to keep pace with the people coming in.

From ONS -"The population increase of the UK in the year to 30 June 2012 was caused by there being 254,400 more births than deaths (61% of the increase) and 165,600 more international migrants arriving than emigrants leaving (39% of the increase)."

And those are just the numbers that are counted. Doesn't matter how many houses we build, the numbers are simply unsustainable. We will always be playing catch up.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

Yes, found it in a report from February this year.....

2011-12 was the first year in more than a decade when natural change contributed more to the growth of the UK population than net migration

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
sickening to say the least , GOT TO FEEL FOR THE LORRY DRIVERS HAVING TO RUN THE GAUNTLET :nono:
regards
DR

What kind of gauntlet do you imagine they're running. Lorry drivers have to ensure their trailer's padlocked and secured with plastic ties. Before they leave the port they check the ties haven't been tampered with. The horror!

A few managed to get into my nephews lorry once. When he got back to yard and unlocked the trailer he found some scared Iraqi children hiding behind some boxes. Sickening, I know.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
What can of gauntlet do you imagine they're running. Lorry drivers have to ensure their trailer's padlocked and secured with plastic ties. Before they leave the port they check the ties haven't been tampered with. The horror!

A few managed to get into my nephews lorry once. When he got back to yard and unlocked the trailer he found some scared Iraqi children hiding behind some boxes. Sickening, I know.

I think you'll find the point was more about the fact that the lorry driver themselves are held liable for anyone that successfully manages to hide in their lorry and get in. They can then get a massive fine or even be imprisoned. IMHO that's wrong.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I think you'll find the point was more about the fact that the lorry driver themselves are held liable for anyone that successfully manages to hide in their lorry and get in. They can then get a massive fine or even be imprisoned. IMHO that's wrong.

I would agree with that. Lorry drivers didnt make the problem.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
This thread is really depressing. As if a 50,000 immigrants either way makes a difference to our lives really. Read my earlier post to see you are voting for a party who will make it possible for you to be fired for any reason with no recourse to tribunal if you have worked somewhere for less than two years.

They also support a flat tax level of 25% so if you earn £41,865 or less, you will actually pay more tax under UKIP. Though the rich will get richer as they pay the same rate of tax no matter how much money they earn.

With this clearly reduced amount of tax coming in they intend to raise the spending on Defence, maintain the NHS as it is, and double the number of prison places. Good luck with that, Nigel.

You are being hoodwinked by a single issue party to blame everything on immigrants. Yet if these guys ever get anywhere near power you will have voted to make your life considerably worse. You may see it as a 'protest' vote, but if you really want to protest why not vote for the Roman Party or spoil your ballot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here