Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Real or fake? England fans in Qatar.

Real or fake

• Real

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 31 59.6%
  • Genuine, enthusiastic fan behaviour

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Cynically choreographed

Votes: 16 30.8%

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
They’re obviously not English or Qatari are they. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I’m not really sure what the problem is, every World Cup has always had fans of other countries ‘supporting’ England. I have photos of South Africans in Jo’Burg wearing (fake) England shirts in fan parks 🤷🏻‍♂️
It was more about your statement about the thread being a bit racist, which it isn't.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It was more about your statement about the thread being a bit racist, which it isn't.
Reading back maybe I misjudged what was being suggested was ‘fake’

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Back in my Amex days I had a number of Indians in my team who were football mad. They accepted that their country was rubbish and would never qualify for the world cup in their lifetime. Whenever the euros or the world cup came about they would have on the latest England shirt and always be down the pub watching the game as England fans. To be honest they went just as mad whenever England scored as any fat balding white geezer did. Some were from Goa but quite a few were from Kerala, mainly Kochi. Several of them also got season tickets at Withdean and were keen Albion fans. This thing in Qatar may be fake, but could just as well be real

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Seek and ye shall find.

If you seek racism, you will find it.
If you don't go looking for racism, then you may find it, and you may not.

Conclusion: to be sure of finding it, you must go looking for it.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
They’re obviously not English or Qatari are they. 🤷🏻‍♂️
for someone who questioned if this thread was racist, not so sure about this comment...

we can all pick holes that are not really there, can't we...

As for the rest of your comments about fake shirts and people from other countries can support England, sure they can we get that, Christ I support Germany and England, but considering the background concerning how they won the world cup and as I have said previously in this thread, that I am not writing it again, if you did not get it the first time.

We don't live in Qatar you know, we are allowed to ask the question... is this staged ?

Just opinions I know that, nothing personal aimed at you.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
for someone who questioned if this thread was racist, not so sure about this comment...
How come? Only about 10% of people living in Qatar are Qataris. Based on the appearance and dress of those in the video I don’t believe any of them are Qataris.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
How come? Only about 10% of people living in Qatar are Qataris. Based on the appearance and dress of those in the video I don’t believe any of them are Qataris.
Oh really, we can keep this going for ages if you want....

But ok, How do you know they are not the 10% ?

You don't because it can't be proven by you, it is your assumption, which could be right probably, but it is still an assumption that can be debated and contentious in it's self in this woke world.

As I said earlier, i am not having a go at you personally, but don't call something out as racist and then write something that could be construed as racist, it just proves how silly your first comment was.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They’re obviously not English or Qatari are they. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I’m not really sure what the problem is, every World Cup has always had fans of other countries ‘supporting’ England. I have photos of South Africans in Jo’Burg wearing (fake) England shirts in fan parks 🤷🏻‍♂️
Are you genuinely this naive ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Oh really, we can keep this going for ages if you want....

But ok, How do you know they are not the 10% ?
I know because I understand how their system works, and have the benefit of knowing a Indian-Qatari who lives over here working for our NHS.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I know because I understand how their system works, and have the benefit of knowing a Indian-Qatari who lives over here working for our NHS.
You do realise that sounds like a racist denying he is racist by saying I have a black mate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here