Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Real or fake? England fans in Qatar.

Real or fake

• Real

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 31 59.6%
  • Genuine, enthusiastic fan behaviour

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Cynically choreographed

Votes: 16 30.8%

• Total voters

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
The Qatar welcoming committee? What a bunch of twankers.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Most of them aren’t even Qatari so the connotation of this thread feels a bit racist to me

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Utter fake bullshite, a taste of things to come....

Probably all paid to be there, and if you had time to trawl through other nations arriving in Hell, then I would not be surprised for similar receptions with possibly the same actors....

Utter Utter bullshite.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Just a funny little titbit, they're all wearing a fake England shirt created from a mockup done by Footy Headlines which they did after seeing an image of a leaked football....

1668594363892.png

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
100% fake, albeit possibly with the odd stray real England fan.

That was so, so bizarre.

Will we see the same fans welcoming all the other national teams to their hotels?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Every World Cup I’ve been to has had a lot of local support for England. Ukraine, South Africa etc. A lot of Indians etc are travelling to Qatar and not surprising that they will be ‘supporting’ England 🤷🏻‍♂️

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Most of them aren’t even Qatari so the connotation of this thread feels a bit racist to me
How do you know they are not ?
The "real or fake" to me relates to the fact none of them really knew any songs, it seems so staged...

Don't look for or be offended just because....

We all know this world cup was bought and paid for....
We all know certain high profile people, The England band are being paid to promote the world cup and Qatar as a welcoming place for all....

Unless of course your "damaged in the head" that is......

I see no problem with the thread title at all.

But you focus on non existent racism if it makes you feel king of the hill....

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
How do you know they are not ?
The "real or fake" to me relates to the fact none of them really knew any songs, it seems so staged...

Don't look for or be offended just because....

We all know this world cup was bought and paid for....
We all know certain high profile people, The England band are being paid to promote the world cup and Qatar as a welcoming place for all....

Unless of course your damaged in the head that is......

But you focus on existent racism if it makes you feel king of the hill....
They’re obviously not English or Qatari are they. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I’m not really sure what the problem is, every World Cup has always had fans of other countries ‘supporting’ England. I have photos of South Africans in Jo’Burg wearing (fake) England shirts in fan parks 🤷🏻‍♂️

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
When you love football but your country of origin never qualifies for World Cups, you'll be happy to support another country that does.

Yes, they may have been financially incentivized to be there, but where's the harm there? I wouldn't begrudge them that.

Let's not pass judgments about what football supporters are like or may look like based on our own cultural experiences.

A Dubai friend of mine who's Armenian/Lebanese loves German football both at club and country level. He's more obsessed than I am.

Add on the global appeal of the Premier League and it's easy to see the attraction.

You don't need to be born in Brighton to support the Albion.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
When you love football but your country of origin never qualifies for World Cups, you'll be happy to support another country that does.

Yes, they may have been financially incentivized to be there, but where's the harm in that? I wouldn't begrudge them that.

Let's not pass judgments about what football supporters are like or may look like based on our own cultural experiences.

A Dubai friend of mine who's Armenian/Lebanese loves German football both at club and country level. He's more obsessed than I am.

Add on the global appeal of the Premier League and it's easy to see the attraction.

You don't need to be born in Brighton to support the Albion.

Speak for yourself :down:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
comments below the video suggest Indians from Kerala (SW India) adopting England as their team.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Curious objection to this thread. Surely this farcical organised support, taking advantage of cash poor Bangladeshis? Pakistanis? Indians? is racist, levelled solely at Qatar.
Much like the cheap labour they exploited throughout the stadium builds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here