Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Real or fake? England fans in Qatar.

Real or fake

• Real

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 31 59.6%
  • Genuine, enthusiastic fan behaviour

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Cynically choreographed

Votes: 16 30.8%

• Total voters

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I don't know about the supporters being staged, but that footage of the team arriving is so obviously fake. I saw Eric Dier getting off the coach. Honestly, in 2022, what would he be doing on an England squad coach at a major tournament? Where's the real coach with Tomori on it?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Very funny. Within 5 mins of being filmed they were back on the building site apparently finishing the roof to the Al-quarbi hotel's lounge area which is just 500 yards from the filming.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
When you love football but your country of origin never qualifies for World Cups, you'll be happy to support another country that does.

Yes, they may have been financially incentivized to be there, but where's the harm there? I wouldn't begrudge them that.

Let's not pass judgments about what football supporters are like or may look like based on our own cultural experiences.

A Dubai friend of mine who's Armenian/Lebanese loves German football both at club and country level. He's more obsessed than I am.

Add on the global appeal of the Premier League and it's easy to see the attraction.

You don't need to be born in Brighton to support the Albion.

If they are immigrant workers who have been paid to be there I don't blame them. They probably need the cash.

And, you are right, you don't have to be born in Brighton to support Brighton and Hove Albion.

Thankfully, when you then visit Brighton, you won't be persecuted for who you are.

You'll also know that an obscene amount of people have not died building the Amex.

You'll also be visiting a country with a strong heritage for football, with the infrastructure and culture to support professional leagues, rather than a country whose clubs attract smaller crowds than Lewes

And, you'll be in a country where a women's league is active (rather than having been established in 2010 as a smokescreen to secure the world cup and then allowed to fall apart after a couple of years.)

Basically, we all know it, this WC is going to packed full of lies from the Qataris.

I shan't be watching. I shall buy their oil (indirectly), because I need it. But I don't need to watch their world cup.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Most of them aren’t even Qatari so the connotation of this thread feels a bit racist to me
Aren’t you tilting your lance at windmills? How do you know they’re not a bunch of English mates from Birmingham that have been paid to go over there 🙂 - we knew it would happen - either way, staged is staged - and this looks staged

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here