Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading still not a sell out?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Quite a few families with children at the game today, the news of Stephens not being in the squad plus a pretty weak performance by the team are factors.

Still better than Reading though.

Quite a few discussing this tentatively before game. Had one guy in my row say, and I quote 'If the club aren't gonna bother keeping our best players mate then I ain't gonna bother supporting' to which he subsequently got up and walked out. :shrug:

Thought we were quite loud at times, right side was kinda quiet. Had several taps on the shoulder and relocations over there.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
BBC Berkshire thought we were amazing and credited us for creating at atmosphere. They said clubs like Brighton, who take large followings, were what football is all about.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
I'm not sure what these plonkers were smoking as the support was very very load today and I mean loud....people saying 100 were singing bla bla bla is just ridiculous.
I couldn't believe how loud they were and I was down the other end :)

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Also paid £10 on the gate. Excellent! :clap:

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
We were loud enough that my 3y.o niece attending her first game had to put her headphones on to cover her ears! Thought he support was great especially considering how poor we were.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
I'm not sure what these plonkers were smoking as the support was very very load today and I mean loud....people saying 100 were singing bla bla bla is just ridiculous.
I couldn't believe how loud they were and I was down the other end :)
Standing at the back that's how it came across, maybe it was the open elements of the stand and gale-force wind behind us which made us sound so quiet. Lots of our usual singers were saying the same thing, but honestly from where we were stood we thought that atmosphere in the away end was the worst it's been on a Saturday away game for a long while.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Standing at the back that's how it came across, maybe it was the open elements of the stand and gale-force wind behind us which made us sound so quiet. Lots of our usual singers were saying the same thing, but honestly from where we were stood we thought that atmosphere in the away end was the worst it's been on a Saturday away game for a long while.

It was very loud at times. But perhaps not the usual constant babble of noise, punctuated by bouts of awesomeness. Why were the 'usual singers' who seemed to be clustered together in two main groups at the back so quiet?

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012

Reading is a classic away day for the oldies and I want to sit in my designated seat geeks. It was a pretty crap atmosphere last year too because I noticed the rowdy ones were dispersed among the silents a bit. Plus it's just such a "meh" ground now as we've played there so many times (and badly at that).

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
It was very loud at times. But perhaps not the usual constant babble of noise, punctuated by bouts of awesomeness. Why were the 'usual singers' who seemed to be clustered together in two main groups at the back so quiet?
After we scored for a couple of minutes yes, but don't forget that twice during the game Knockaert and Kayal both came over to the away fans and signalled for more noise. Can't answer the question you asked but our usual noisy lot were trying to get chants going.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here