Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading (H) moved to Friday night now moved to TUESDAY 15TH MARCH

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
Living in Reading, I'm not the furthest from Falmer by a long shot but every home game moved to a midweek slot is another extremely difficult game to get to from where I work (close to 3 hours from the office door to door). I have a very understanding boss but the fixtures are taking the piss now. I'm either going to have to start using my annual leave or just watch on tv. If I wasn't for the loyalty points, which without would make attending some aways impossible, id forget the season ticket and buy match-by-match. It sure would be cheaper to do it that way.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Same. Though, if I do decide to stay away, I'll ask my Dad to put a sign on my seat to the effect of "**** Sky".
You do realise if you do that, it'll be unlikely you'll see your dad on the telly, when watching the game in the pub. :facepalm:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah.
Do you think Sky give a toss what is said on here, nope. This thread could go to 200 pages and they wouldn't even care. It's business. They look only at cost and profit, cost and profit.
At some point the FANS need to do a protest. OK so Leeds made an attempt at stopping the cameras getting in and we all laughed at first but then thought about it a bit deeper. Something has to give. It never really bothered me until this year. Cardiff away has wrecked a weekend as I now have to go a day earlier (other reasons) and my mates cant make it. Brentford H meant my holiday has had to be cut short at great expense.
Rather than just moan we need a leader to get a fans protest in motion. Not just us but all fans from every club. Will it happen, never.

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
The Football league are also responsible for the constant moving of games. It is their contract that Sky/BT bid for and of course all they (and Premier league) are interested in is getting as much money from TV as they can with no regards to supporters.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Dear Lord
Please don't let them change the date of Preston away.
Please no.
Amen

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Brighton live on Sky, season 2015/16:

H v Forest
A v Burnley
A v QPR
H v Middlesbrough
H v Wolves
H v Brentford
A v Cardiff
H v Leeds
H v Reading

Basically a QUARTER of fixtures from the start of the season up to the Reading match.

Cardiff away isn't on TV is it??

BHAryan

BHAryan
Feb 8, 2011
Worthing
Seeing the amount of people unhappy about this we should make a stand/protest/banner to display our feeling.. Sky and the football league will continue to disrupt our game unless fans actually stand up on a big scale against it

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Many of us feel these fixture changes a lot more because we live a long way away and STs are effectively written off when there's a swap to evening.

Contempt for fans has never been higher, nor have prices. Why the heck do we put up with?!! The cake and eat it industry is alive and well :) I'm actually waiting for a fan to bosman style take football club to court and win in a landmark case that means clubs changing fixtures must refund STHs for fixture changes....same rights as anyone who's bought individual ticket. That day can't come soon enough!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah.
Do you think Sky give a toss what is said on here, nope. This thread could go to 200 pages and they wouldn't even care. It's business. They look only at cost and profit, cost and profit.
At some point the FANS need to do a protest. OK so Leeds made an attempt at stopping the cameras getting in and we all laughed at first but then thought about it a bit deeper. Something has to give. It never really bothered me until this year. Cardiff away has wrecked a weekend as I now have to go a day earlier (other reasons) and my mates cant make it. Brentford H meant my holiday has had to be cut short at great expense.
Rather than just moan we need a leader to get a fans protest in motion. Not just us but all fans from every club. Will it happen, never.

What you say is likely true and born of frustration I know. Maybe you and I should get together and start the revolution...? :)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Seeing the amount of people unhappy about this we should make a stand/protest/banner to display our feeling.. Sky and the football league will continue to disrupt our game unless fans actually stand up on a big scale against it

Trouble is...we can't get unity over a football song let alone a mass protest on the scale necessary to force change. People generally are comfortable and in a malaise. It's a bit of a first world problem in fairness. People aren't protesting about much bigger things so I'm afraid we'll all just go about our daily business grumbling in reality. This is well down the pecking order.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Many of us feel these fixture changes a lot more because we live a long way away and STs are effectively written off when there's a swap to evening.

Contempt for fans has never been higher, nor have prices. Why the heck do we put up with?!! The cake and eat it industry is alive and well :) I'm actually waiting for a fan to bosman style take football club to court and win in a landmark case that means clubs changing fixtures must refund STHs for fixture changes....same rights as anyone who's bought individual ticket. That day can't come soon enough!

Unfortunately, do the t & c not state that the.season ticket gives admission to league games on whichever dates they are played.
Additionally taking action to force clubs to make.refunds would seem harsh when the fixture changes are out of the clubs hands

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The football clubs should simply tell the tv suits you can show the games but at 3pm on a Saturday. Tv needs football more than football needs tv.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The football clubs should simply tell the tv suits you can show the games but at 3pm on a Saturday. Tv needs football more than football needs tv.
But it's the league itself that doesn't want Saturday 3pm football matches broadcast. They've always maintained that a live match would affect the attendances up and down the country.

Dunk

Jul 27, 2011
Lewes
What about if we all just swore a lot. I mean, it is always funny when you hear "the referee's a w#####' and similar on the tv. If the North Stand sang something similar but directed it at Sky or Murdoch and repeated it 5 or 6 times during the game then Sky would think twice before putting us on again.

Can't fail can it?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
What about if we all just swore a lot. I mean, it is always funny when you hear "the referee's a w#####' and similar on the tv. If the North Stand sang something similar but directed it at Sky or Murdoch and repeated it 5 or 6 times during the game then Sky would think twice before putting us on again.

Can't fail can it?

Theyd just hastily dub the sound out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here