Reading (H) moved to Friday night now moved to TUESDAY 15TH MARCH

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
When I say I don't buy into it, I don't mean people are wrong to prefer it, I just mean it's not a feeling I share.

I can see your point if you live near the stadium, but I feel we are going to start losing fans if Saturday games keep getting moved to evenings.
It's not a massive inconvenience for myself to get from Newhaven to the AMEX on the train, but I don't choose to work on a Saturday so I like to go to the cafe, sometimes the pub and then off to football, no rushing around.
After the match I usually have a few pints at the stadium and then stroll to the station.

Evening games, I have to try and finish work early, loads of rushing around to make KO , no drinking and straight home after the final whistle.

I feel sorry for our fans that live miles from Brighton, I'm always surprised how far some travel to home games, hats off to them, but it must be real hassle for them to get to the AMEX on a Friday evening.

Young children are also missing out, I can understand parents not taking a kid to an evening match .

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
They just keep on justifying my reasons for not renewing our 2 season tickets this year - another saturday fixture lost, and one that won't impact on me and the missus unlike previous seasons. There's no way I would buy a season ticket in the future, Premier League or not.
As Mo Gosfield says above, football selling out to tv has meant it is quickly crawling up it's own ar*e.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Every cloud has a silver lining, booked tickets for Harry Potter world on this Saturday off

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Every cloud has a silver lining, booked tickets for Harry Potter world on this Saturday off[/QUOTE
That's a quality day out, I took my kids there in September and thoroughly enjoyed it.....even though I don't particularly like the films.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Plenty of people seem intent on blaming the club for this when im convinced we dont get much of a say.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
People moan (and justifiably so) but the vast majority will still go and will still buy beer & pies. A few talk about protesting but in reality it won't happen or if it did it would be half a dozen people who would have their banner confiscated and be told to bugger off.
The Club, League, FA & Sky aren't bothered about a few moaners (many of whom, I'm wiling to bet, have a Sky subscription themselves).

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Blimey, he doesn't half go on... (anyone make it to the end without starting to skim...?)

I read it.

I'm a bit surprised that Barber is so pro-TV as Brighton would surely be a club that would generally benefit if there were no TV money. Of course, we wouldn't be able to compete with the massive clubs but if we had to rely on gate money, merchandising and sponsorship alone, I'm sure that we would be better off than most clubs. I know that's an artificial situation and it's hard to imagine what the reality would be, but clubs like Brighton who do well to maximise income are losing out a bit

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
It's just a sad fact of life we'll all have to get used to. TV finances football at the moment and there's nowt we can do about that.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports