Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Reading away

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Fair play. I could barely muster the enthusiasm to go there for a real game, let alone yomping all the way up to Berkshire for a meaningless game in an empty crummy soulless bowl next to the M4.

Each to their own though.

Last time I looked no one was forcing you to go.
I live 30 minutes drive away and am taking my grandson for the extortionate price of £5

For him at 9 years old it’s an afternoon out.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Training exercise no thanks.

Who says it’s not ? Someone points this out on NSC every year . We know.
They are what they are. Training exercises, chance to see new signings, loanees, or Albion playing at different grounds and in the pre first game Amex workout - how Potter will probably set up for Man U (A) . That’s why they are cheaper or streamed for free.
Occasionally you get quite the game. Chelsea in 2012 - but normally not.
But they’re not compulsory - and the smaller crowds show that fans can work it out.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Who says it’s not ? Someone points this out on NSC every year . We know.
They are what they are. Training exercises, chance to see new signings, loanees, or Albion playing at different grounds and in the pre first game Amex workout - how Potter will probably set up for Man U (A) . That’s why they are cheaper or streamed for free.
Occasionally you get quite the game. Chelsea in 2012 - but normally not.
But they’re not compulsory - and the smaller crowds show that fans can work it out.

I think all the poster meant was, that there is no point going to watch a game, which maybe isn't very competitive, and where the result was meaningless.

I think there are a fair few who have that opinion.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I think all the poster meant was, that there is no point going to watch a game, which maybe isn't very competitive, and where the result was meaningless.

I think there are a fair few who have that opinion.

Ha! I’m not disagreeing. (For some). It’s the necessity to repeatedly point it out.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Indeed, every club have their hooligan element. The Albion are no different. I know we like to look upon ourselves as saintly, but not all of us are.

“We’re Reading, we’re Reading we’re Reading, we’ll kick your ****ing head in”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I’ve been to a lot of friendlies over the years but I’m finally of an age where I realise what a total waste of time and money they are. Maybe it’s partly because it’s Reading but i have zero enthusiasm for this.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Having managed to roll over a Portuguese pub team, at least the pressure I'd off for this one.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
About the most sterile set of fans in the UK - plastic engineered fans

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here